𝑉𝐼𝐼𝐼. 𝑇ℎ𝑒 𝐶𝑎𝑟𝑛𝑖𝑣𝑜𝑟𝑜𝑢𝑠 𝐶𝑎𝑟𝑛𝑖𝑣𝑎𝑙 𝑃𝑎𝑟𝑡 𝐼𝐼

It finally felt like everything was right again for Aurora. She was with Violet and her siblings and now with Olivia, too. Her world was starting to turn light again as she felt like nothing could ruin this.

"Now, we don't have long. Olaf will be here any minute, and we are in the belly of the beast." Olivia said after closing the curtains.

"Why are you disguised as a fortune-teller?" Klaus asked her quickly, as Olivia said the Baudelaires down while Aurora sat next to her.

"A fortune-teller is just a librarian with smoke and mirrors," Olivia replied, causing the orphans to chuckle softly. "I may have lost you at Prufrock Prep, Baudelaires, but I never forgot you, or your friends. After the Quagmires were kidnapped, I headed to the city to rescue them." Olivia told.

"That's where she met my father, Jacques Snicket, and joined VFD, later joined by me," Aurora added.

"The Volunteer Fire Department," Violet said which Aurora confirmed by nodding.

"They were trying to save the Quagmires, too," Olivia continued. "We almost had them at the Village of the Fowl Devotees where we did manage to safe Aurora. But Olaf captured us. I made a deal with Esmé to get us out of jail."

"My father stayed behind while I went to find you three and Olivia went to find our bravest agent in the field," Aurora explained further, smiling softly at the mention of her father and aunt.

"This carnival is a place that VFD gathers information. There is no real Madame Lulu. It's just an alias for whichever volunteer is stationed here." Olivia said.

"My aunt used to be Madame Lulu." Aurora smiled.

"It's a rotating position," Olivia added. "The previous Madame Lulu took my taxi to the hospital to retrieve a very important sugar bowl before Esmé could get her hands on it."

"But she hasn't come back yet," Aurora said, worried for her aunt, even though she knew Kit could handle herself.

"And Jacques..." Olivia started and softly glanced at Aurora.

"He's not coming back, either." She finished softly.

"He tried to help us," Klaus said to her and Olivia for comfort.

"He was very brave," Violet added.

"The bravest," Aurora chuckled sadly. "He once ran into a fire just to help other people."

"Plus, the Quagmires are safe. We rescued them." Violet told Olivia who chuckled in relief.

"I'm so glad to hear that. You four are all truly remarkable children," She smiled, but that smile soon fell. "But Olaf is here now and we're all in grave danger. I've tried to stall him till the previous Madame Lulu can get back."