7

After I called Kaden's father I saw Sam walking up to me quickly, he dropped the bags and was now behind me.

"Sir I'm going to have to ask you to move away from miss Smith," he said sternly.

"Huh," I said confused looking up from my iPad. I looked behind me and saw Jake.

"Oh my god Jake" I smiled and hugged him. I looked at Sam who had a serious look on his face.

"It's okay Sam, he's my friend," I said smiling at Jake.

"Girl we both know I am a lot more than a friend, and who in the world picked out this hideous outfit," he said looking me up and down.

"I did, and what are YOU doing in New York," I said.

"first of all, I live here, and secondly, why is this hunk of muscle following you around," Jake said smiling at Sam.

"I'll explain everything as soon as I finish work," I said smiling.

"work- girl if my work was to go shopping I could have been working for days on end," he said laughing.

I walked to the jewelry store with jake and Sam followed behind. "so who do you work for" Jake asked.

"Kaden Richardson," I said, Jake stopped me by putting his hands on my shoulders.

"if we're talking about THE Kaden Richardson that lives in that massive seven-bedroom house, with the pool, jacuzzi and is super rich in that neighborhood with all the rich people, or are we talking about some two-point o version, who sells shoes for a living," Jake said playing with his hair.

"um, I don't think my boss sells shoes for a living" I smiled.

"oh my god, girl you have to let me meet him," Jake said quickly.

"um sure you can meet him if you want," I said awkwardly.

I picked out an expensive piece of jewelry and walked to the Gucci store with Jake.

"how in the hell can you afford this" Jake said putting on his sunglasses.

"my boss's card" I laughed, I saw Sam standing outside the store talking to a security guard.

"Hello what can I do for you," she said looking at me.

"oh um hi, I'm here to pick up an order for Naomi Smith," I said smiling and took out Kaden's card.

"oh yes here you go, they've already been paid for"she said taking out two massive bags full to the top. I looked at her confused and she smiled. "is there a problem?" she asked.

"um, are you sure that this is for me?" I said looking at jake.

"yes, this is for Naomi Smith, Mr. Richardson said that this was specifically for you," she said smiling and passed me a small bag. "what's in this one?" I asked about the small bag.

"Those are two rings for Mr. Richardson" she smiled, I felt Sam's presence behind me.

"is everything okay Sam?" I asked as he was looking around quickly.

I saw Sam holding his earpiece and he nodded, "we need to leave miss, reporters are outside and they will be swarming the mall soon" he said taking my bags.

"oh," I said, "come on jake" I smiled and walked with sam outside the mall, I saw reports standing with cameras and people taking pictures.

"Naomi is it true you're dating Kaden Richardson?" a lady said holding the microphone in my face.

I looked at her confused and saw Sam trying to get through the crowd of people with the bags. "i-uh I'm n-" I saw Sam move the reports out of my face.

"can you tell us if Mr. Ricardson is taking over his father's business," a man said as another took pictures of me. I saw jake posing for the cameras.

"send that to my email, jakeFlyn@ya-" jake said and I pulled him into the SUV, we drove away quickly and I sighed.

"I hope they don't make me look bad," jake said applying powder to his face. I laughed and took off my sunglasses.

-

We arrived at the office after ten minutes of driving and I saw Kaden talking to Sam, he looked angry. I could hear him shouting at Sam and Sam was just nodding.

Kaden walked up to Jake and I, he looked at jake then at me, "you, my office now" I heard him say seriously. I looked at Jake and he looked at me with wide eyes.

I walked into his office and saw him walking around his office, i put his stuff on the table, and saw him pour himself a drink.

"what were you doing walking around without Sam by your side," he said running his hands through his hair.

"I didn't know that he had to follow me around like a dog, I used to be perfectly fine," I said crossing my arms.

"well you're my assistant, everyone's eyes will always be on you, you have to be more careful- you can't just go answering reporters' questions," he said not looking at me.

"I'm sorry I was trying to tell th-"

"tell your boyfriend that he needs to leave," he said taking a drink of whatever was in his glass.

"why do you think he's my boyfriend? he's gay you know" I said.

"I'm your boss Naomi, I'm not supposed to judge who you date," he said drinking the whole substance from his glass.

I saw the doors open and saw Charlotte, she looked worried. "sir your mother is h-" Kaden's mother walked in pushing past Charlotte, she was wearing full black and she smiled at me. She didn't look like she'd aged at all.

"no respondiste mis llamadas" (you didn't answer my calls) his mother said angrily. Her accent had gotten thicker than the last time I'd seen her, three years makes difference. I noticed she saw my presence.

"oh my god, Naomi," my mom said surprised. "are you two dating again?" she asked.

"no," I said quickly, I saw Kaden sit behind his desk and he put his hands in his face, "Dame un minuto" (give me a minute) he said running his hands through his hair.

"you're just like your father, always busy," she said rolling her eyes and walked out of the room. I looked at Kaden who was looking at his cup.

"I need you to fill out these files, make sure they're done by the morning," he said putting his glass on his desk, I walked up to his desk and grabbed the sheets.

"Okay," I said with an attitude, I didn't mean for it to come out like that.

"you'll be in here, I'm going out, and I'll be back soon, lock the doors as soon as you leave," he said sternly and I heard the doors shut.