15

I called but I got no answer, "shit" I whispered, putting my phone in my handbag. I saw Kaden smirk and play with the lighter in his hand.

"we're stuck in an elevator and all you can do is play with a lighter," I said annoyed.

"yup" he sighed and continued to play with the lighter.

"Why are you ignoring me," I said looking at him.

"I'm not ignoring you, Smith," he said not looking at me.

"so why are you acting like that kiss never happened," I said looking at my hands.

"what kiss?" he said bluntly.

"don't be like that Kaden, we almost had sex in your office for god sake," I said running my hands through my hair.

"yeah Naomi, we almost had sex..so what?" he said shrugging.

"you haven't changed one bit" I stood up and leaned against the elevator wall.

"what?" he said looking at me.

"I said you haven't changed, you're the same heartless kid who cheated on me multiple times," I said crossing my arms.

He looked at me and I saw the hurt in his eyes, great he has emotion. he stood up and walked in front of me, "I seem to remember taking you to your favorite place for dinner and what did you do?" he said looking at me.

I know what I did that night, "I know, you don't need to bring it up" I said looking down.

"no Noami, you don't know- that night I saw him kissing you and you-you were enjoying every second of it-"

"I KNOW-I KNOW KADEN," I said angrily. he looked at me confused and grabbed me by my face so I looked at him.

"do you even know what it's like taking someone to their favorite place, spending a ridiculous amount of money....to make the one girl you're so in love with happy...then you take her home" he looked down and then looked back at me.

"when you walk to your room, y-you see someone else run their hands over your girlfriend's perfect body- do you even know how much it hurt me to watch him touch you-"

"YES KADEN, I KNOW EXACTLY HOW IT FEELS, you did it to me multiple times," I said removing his hand from my face.

"God, you think your life is so hard, you have everything so easy.....a loving dad, a mom who took your side all the time, a happy family who you could trust," he said running his hands through his hair.

"and it's not my fault that you had a shitty father, BUT YOU STILL COULDN'T LOVE ME," I said out of anger.

I watched as he made eye contact with me and he walked up to me and pushing me against the elevator wall.

"BECAUSE I WAS ABUSED BY MY OWN FATHER," he said punching the wall next to my head.

"How can you expect me to love you when I don't even know what it is, I've never had it- no one has ever looked after me.....it was always me for myself," he said sitting on the floor with his knees to his chest.

I never knew what he went through, I just thought he was spoilt. but he wasn't....he was abused as a kid.

It made me understand him more, I now understand why he's so broken, how shattered he is.

"I-i didn't know" I whispered sitting next to him.

"don't touch me," he said coldly.

"Kaden I'm just trying to help" I whispered.