𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐎𝐍𝐄 - 𝐖𝐄𝐋𝐂𝐎𝐌𝐄 𝐓𝐎 𝐉𝐀𝐒𝐌𝐈𝐍𝐄 𝐂𝐎𝐔𝐍𝐓𝐘.

𝐋𝐢𝐬𝐚 𝐌𝐚𝐫𝐢𝐞.
𝐉𝐚𝐜𝐤𝐬𝗼𝐧'𝐬 𝐑𝐞𝐬𝐢𝐝𝐞𝐧𝐜𝐞
21:34

"An appendectomy is the best you can pull out your ass? Just say you didn't plan anything for Valentine's Day, you bastard! How hard it is to just buy me a couple of roses and just express your love for your woman!" I shrieked as my husband continued to drawstring his turquoise scrubs on while sliding out of our bed.

It was Valentine's Day and I come home to no flowers, balloons, or crazy stuffed animals. No. I come back to a half-awake husband who just woke up due to being paged back to the hospital for an old man who's suffering with appendicitis.

The only thing I got from him was a heavy sigh.

Yes, this was my husband. A sleepy buffoon that thinks a sigh is his excuse for not having anything planned for his wife on the first Valentine's Day as a married couple. Hell, even when we were dating he thought giving me an IV bag with a love letter attached talking about I'm the "saline" that keeps him hydrated was "creative."

At least he tried.

My arms were folded against my chest as I waited for a more acceptable response from him as he slides on his sneakers.

"I was on for fourteen hours straight, babe. I forgot, okay? I got home and passed out before you said I was watching porn or something. Look, I'll do this quick appendectomy, then we can share a glass of wine, maybe even dance a bit, then fuck one another until we pass out," he proposes. I casually roll my eyes, unsatisfied with his answer.

"Sure, SOO romantic, Michael. Hell, I was happy enough to buy you this!" I exclaimed.

I throw him the Playboy magazine against the bed then turned my head away from him, and to my surprise, his warm, protective arms were wrapped around my body from behind. His arms caused me to tussle a smile as I shake my head, "Ah, Ah, Ah! I'm not talking to you." Unfortunately, my body couldn't reciprocate the same emotion of rejection as it instantly melted against his grasp as his lips were mere inches from my ear as he whispered,

"Thanks for the magazine, baby. C'mon, I know deep down that's what you want, babygirl? Just admit it. I could sense it from the way your body instantly just melted against mine like candle wax. I made a mistake...let me make it up to you..."

His warm breath against my ear sends electric shocks to every part of my spine, causing me to close my eyes. I love the indescribable sensation he left to my body.

The heavy breaths, the palpitating heartbeat in my chest, there was something more that meets the eye when it came to Michael.

"I hate when you're on call. I hate knowing that not a goddamn surgeon can cover for you, so you can be intimate with your wife."

"Well, blame the incompetence of the medical world now. They just don't make surgeons like me anymore," he bragged.

I smiled to myself as his grasp around me tightens. Michael was cocky, yet he never shared a lie. He worked hard for years, and he worked his way to becoming one of the best general surgeons in the country. People would die to collaborate with him.

He was more than good. He was the best.

My body slowly squirmed in his grasp as I turn to him so that our eyes could meet. His dark, elusive cocoa brown orbs stared into mine as my hands slid against his broad chest.

"Don't go. Please don't spend the rest of Valentine's Day cutting open an old man over your wife," I pleaded.

His head slightly tilted in curiosity before grinning, "You want me to let a poor old guy suffer so we could have sex, huh?" I grin widely once he caught on, "Ah, I knew you were a smart man. Why don't they get another attending to cover for you like Dante? Why can't he be useful for once." His hands cupped my face before pressing his plump lips against my forehead.