Chapter 9

You woke the next day in Hans' arms. You had bought pizza and had gone to a bar with him but nothing much exciting happened.

Today was your second day working and you got up with a banging head, you had drank too much last night and you groaned. Hans had drunk much more than you had and pulled you back from getting up from the bed. "stay, you are warm and comfy" he moaned, nuzzling his face into the back of your neck, his nose sliding over your skin.

"I have to work" you mumbled.

"Fuck the work" he muttered.

"as much as I would, I need to go" you said.

"then why don't I fuck you so you have to stay?" he asked lazily, starting to kiss your neck.

"I don't think we have got to the base yet" you mumbled.

"We are supposed to be married" Hans moaned.

"Not till I'm ready" you said.

"I know" he said, letting go of you. "Sorry"

"Thank you" you said and got dressed, doing your hair and taking a large drink of water to try to get the headache away.

"Give me a second" hans said. "I will get up and I will drive you there."

You nodded as you watched Hans as he got up and rubbed his eyes and then his beard. He pulled on his suit and put his hair into place. "Right then" he said. "Let us depart"

Work was the same as yesterday, mostly paperwork and listening to office gossip which you didn't partake in. You made a record of anything important both in gossip and news. You picked up one person who was trained in martial arts which you wrote down and another's father was in the police. You also found Holly was a great source of information, she knew everything about everyone and told you all about it.

By the end of work, you had started a network of information and you planned to write it up in Hans' book. He picked you up after work, looking much better than that morning, he wasn't tired or slightly hungover and he had also had a shower.

"Anything new?" he asked.

"Staff gossip is geat" you said.

"And?"

"Well I was thinking you could write down the most risky people" you said. "The receptionist for Holly, Jacob Dickens is trained in martial arts" you said.

"I see, then yes it should be written down" he said, turning into the car park of the hotel and getting up to the hotel room.

"So" Hans said, "write down the basics for the most dangerous workers." He handed you the book and you wrote it down, careful to write it as neat as possible.

"Done?" he asked.

"Yes" you said, sliding the book over to him. Hans's eyes looked over it and nodded, tucking the book back in the safe.

"Right" he said. "Anything else today?" he asked.

"Not really" you mumbled, going out to the balcony and looking over LA. Hans' walked over and behind you, placing his hands on your hips as you watched.

"LA is beautiful" you mumbled.

"Take it in now darling" he said. "we will probably not come back"

You nodded and looked out at the city. Hans slid his hands along your back before letting go and walking back into the room. You looked back at Hans who opened his book and started to read. You went over to him and looked at the book curiously. "What you reading?" you asked.

"You mean what am I reading" he said. "I am reading the knowledge by Lewis dartnell"

"What is it about?" you asked.

"How to rebuild the world after an apocalypse" he said.

"Can you read me some?" you asked.

"if you wish" Hans said. "you may find it dull" he added. "Come sit" he said. You raised your eyebrow and sat on Hans' lap. You got on him, your face nuzzled into his chest. He started to read, his arms around you and his chin resting on your shoulder. " the collapse of technological civilization will see the most complete and rambling of modern medical capability. People used to living in developed Nations where an ambulance can be someone with a phone call, the evaporation of healthcare, and the loss of the peace of mind that used to come with it will be pretty terrifying. Every injury is now potentially fatal. A compound fracture of the leg caused by tripping over rubble in an abandoned city is lethal if it doesn't receive adequate medical attention. Even trivial accidents could mean a death sentence - for example a pricked finger that becomes infected and Poison the blood." he carried on reading the chapter as you relaxed into him and slowly fell asleep, his words falling over you. Hans smirked at the beautiful sleeping woman on top of him. He kissed behind your ear and let you sleep as he carried on reading silently to himself.