Chapter 10

*2 weeks until the dance*

Shoyo spiked the ball again, Kenma watching it fly out of bounds. Yachi took the last ball out of the cart and threw it to Kenma, who set the ball directly forward, the ball hitting Shoyo's hand and slamming it barely in bounds.

"Oh thank god." Kenma mumbled. "Another one."

Yachi nodded. "There's none left-"

"Oh." Kenma laughed, making both Shoyo and Yachi blush. "Get the balls then, we should probably leave...it's late..." he started to mumbled. "S-stop staring..." he rubbed the back of his neck and hid his face.

Yachi immediately put her head down and ran away to start to collect the balls, nodding quickly. "Oh, sorry!" Shoyo laughed and studied Kenma's movements.

Should I ask him today?

Shoyo helped Kenma collect the balls and put them in the cart. "Hey, Kenma.." Shoyo said,  getting his jacket and handing Kenma his. "Tomorrow, can you come in a bit early? I wanna tell you something." 

Kenma nodded. "Sure... it better be important though, I don't like waking up early." Yachi silently walked up behind them awkwardly, Kenma turning to her to help with her jacket.

"I-I don't-"

"Oh my god I'm sorry of course you can-" Kenma let go and let Yachi put on her jacket by herself and they left.  

They walked in awkward silence, Shoyo occasionally talking with Kenma about volleyball, Yachi staying quiet and finding herself annoyed. Angry, almost. She clenched her fist and looked at the floor, listening in to Shoyo and Kenma's conversation.

"Ah, I'll see you guys tomorrow!" Shoyo waved and left, Yachi calming and waving back. 

They walked next to each other, Yachi eventually getting home and Kenma waving back.

Yachi took out her key, knowing her mom wasn't home, thinking to herself as She opened the door. She turned around for a quick second, seeing Kenma still standing there. 

"W-what're you doing?" She stuttered, starting to shake as he stared.

"Nothing! I'm sorry, just wanted to make sure you were safe, I'm sorry..." Kenma blushed and turned around quickly. "I'll see you tomorrow!" 

Yachi nodded. I wish I asked him...Too late now.