S e v e n

“Come on sleepy head! Time to wake up!” Shouts Pietro as he launches a pillow into Lorna’s middle, earning only what could be described as an ‘omph’ sound from the half-asleep girl.  

“I don’t want to go.” Lorna complains, stretching as she yawns forcibly.   

“We can’t go without you Lorn, this needs all three of us.” Wanda adds, as she fixes her brown hair into a ponytail. “Ugh, fine.” Lorna rolls her eyes as she gets ready for the next mission. She didn’t feel like doing anything for Ultron. Except maybe crushing him. But then he remembers what he’s promised to her siblings and she knows she can’t kill him. 

“What are we even doing? No one has told me the plan.” Lorna mentions as she gets dressed and starts brushing her teeth in the facility bathroom, Wanda next to her also brushing. As she spits, she talks; “You know, we’re going to see Ulysses Klaue. And get some Vibranium from him so Ultron can build a better body.” Wanda finishes and leaves Lorna stuck in though. Vibranium was the second strongest metal on earth. He would be almost indestructible. That made a shiver of fear go up her spine. If he decides to swap sides, and go against all humans, how would any one stop him. Lorna has no experience with Vibranium, doesn’t know how easy or hard it would be to mend or change or even destroy.  

Finishing her teeth, she spits and washes her mouth out before looking at herself in the mirror. Pale skin, green curly hair and dead looking eyes. She felt her dark emotions creeping up again. She knew this would be a struggle, keeping her mentality in check. She couldn’t crash, not when there’s so much at stake. Not when she can’t let her guard down around Ultron. She calms her breathing as it starts to escalate.  

She just wanted it to be over so she can go back to the apartment, and relax on her favourite brown couch. 

¤ ¤ ◇ ¤ ¤

They were on the African Coast, frankly Lorna was surprised how Ultron got them places without anyone picking up on it. Namely the Avengers.  

The plan was to speak to Klaue, and intimidate him. Sure, Lorna could be intimidating. Afterall, all she needed to do was use her powers to make some very sharp objects fly at someone. Problem solved.  

The Maximoff’s broke into the ship, heading to the glass box that Klaue was in high above the workers who were sweating in such an unsafe workspace. Moving large amounts of ammunition as well as missiles and other bombs and just general dangerous weapons.  

Lorna extends her powers and cuts the electricity for a moment as Pietro grabs his sisters head towards the glass room while all the workers are distracted by the electrical cut caused by Lorna, the workers continue to clamour and shout to evacuate as the triplets walk up to the room. Klaue must be suspicious as he shoots his gun out of the empty door.  

Pietro speeds ahead and grabs the bullets, emptying the ammo in a nice line on his desk, surprising him. 

As Lorna and Wanda walk in after him, Klaue snickers, making Lorna furrowed her eyebrows. 

“Yeah. The enhanced. Strucker's prize pupils.” He says as he picks up a plate filled with lollies from his desk.  

“Want a candy? Oh, sorry to hear about Strucker. But then, he knew what kind of world he was helping create. Human life, not a growth market.” He says, Lorna is surprised and shares a look with her siblings. 

"You...you didn't know? Is this your first time intimidating someone? I'm afraid that I'm not that afraid.” He remarks smartly, earning an eye roll from Lorna. She didn’t like this man.  

"Everybody's afraid of something.” Wanda replies to the man to which he replies; 

"Cuttlefish. Deep sea fish. They make lights. disco lights.” He does a hand movement to imitate the cuttlefish. “Whoom, whoom, whoom! To hypnotize their prey, then whoom!” He composes himself before continuing. “I saw a documentary, it was terrifying.” 

Tired of the man's talking, Pietro speeds over and picks up a candy before speeding back and eating it, giving Lorna one who pops it into her mouth with a smug smirk. Klaue jerked back, expecting to be attacked by Pietro’s fast movement. Klaue sighs and looks back to Wanda. 

 “So, if you're going to fiddle with my brain, and make me see a giant cuttlefish, then I know you don't do business, and I know you're not in charge, and I only deal with the man in charge.” Lorna could see Ultron flying up and floating being Klaue, when suddenly he breaks through the glass and pulls Klaue out of the room. 

“There is no "man" in charge. Let's talk business.” 

*** 

Klaue, followed by the Maximoff’s and Ultron, reveals his stash of the metal, giving some to Ultron who quietly says to himself; “Upon this rock I will build my church. Vibranium.” 

"You know, it came at great personal cost. It's worth billions.” 

Ultron chuckles as he tilts his head back, putting money into Klaue’s bank account 

"Now, so are you. It's all under your dummy holdings? Finance is so weird. But I always say, ‘Keep your friends rich and your enemies rich, and wait to find out which is which.’” 

"Stark.” Mutters the one work that brings Ultron’s metal heart raging. 

"What?” Ultron asks as the triplets just watch on. 

"Tony Stark used to say that...to me. You're one of his.”  

"What?! I'm not...!”  Ultron grabs Klaue’s arm, the soldier next to Klaue gets ready to fire his gun but Lorna’s green energy surrounds it, leaving the man unable to lift it or pull it, the gun staying stationary.  “I'm not. You think I'm one of Stark's puppets, his hollow men? I mean look at me, do I look like Iron Man? Stark is nothing!” He shouts filled with rage as he suddenly chops off Klaue’s arm angrily. Klaue looks stunned as he walks back and the triplet's step back shocked. Lorna is trying not to laugh at the situation.  

"I'm sorry. I am sor... Ooh, I'm sure that's going to be okay. I'm sorry, it's just I don't understand. Don't compare me with Stark! He's a sickness!” 

"Ahh, Junior. You're gonna break your old man's heart.” Stark says, appearing behind them, Lorna’s friends appearing next to him. She might have to have some more fun. 

Ultron turns and looks at Stark. “If I have to.” 

____________________________________________________________________________________________

Halfway throught the book xx

Love all you guys.

Still loving your comments Maxiallen
So please keep them coming xx

Stay cool dudes. X