T h i r t e e n

Lorna was helping get civilians into the lifeboats with Clint and the rest of the Avengers nearby.  

“Alright, let's load 'em up! Alright, here we go. Here we go, let's move. Let's go everyone!” Clint calls out, he shoots Lorna a nod who gives him one in response. Hovering up in the sky as she moves her way towards the Church, knowing that’s where Ultron would be. And that she would be needed there. 

As she arrives, she sees Ultron attacking Thor, who then gets smacked by Thor’s hammer and thrown out of the Church.  

"It's terribly well balanced.” Vision says as Lorna enters the Church, a slight pout at there being no metal to destroy. 

“Well, if there's too much weight, you lose power on the swing, so.” Thor continues before spotting Lorna, and giving her a hearty smack on the back. “You doing alright little one?” Thor asks her with his booming voice. Lorna smiles at the taller god.  

“I am thanks. Not too tired, can get rid of a lot more metal.” She says, making Thor’s hammer move against his hand. He laughs and tussles her green hair roughly. “You’re a sneaky one. Like my brother.” With cheeky smile she gets in a steady position, ready to rip into more robots. 

¤ ¤ ◇ ¤ ¤

"I got it! Create a heat seal. I can . . . I can supercharge the spire from below.” Tony says, checking with FRIDAY. 

“Running numbers. A heat seal could work with enough power.” The female voice of FRIDAY says inside his suit as he flies up to the hellicarrier lifeboat that has been damaged while Rhodey takes care of the robots he lifts the boat to the hellicarrier. 

"Thor, I got a plan!” Tony shouts. Still debating whether or not to involve Lorna in this. She was a kid, a powerful one, but a kid nonetheless. But she might be the answer in saving a lot of lives.  

“We're out of time. They're coming for the core.” Thor responds. Shit. Tony thinks. Running out of time and so much to do. 

"Rhodey, get the rest of the people on board that carrier.” Tony says to War Machine.  

“On it.” Rhodey answers. 

“Avengers, time to work for a living.” 

¤ ¤ ◇ ¤ ¤

As everyone converges to the church, Wanda comes in with Clint, Pietro speeding over and Lorna hurrying over to see her. 

"You good?” Pietro asks and she nods, answering; “Yeah.” 

"Romanoff? You and Banner better not be playing ‘hide the zucchini.’" Tony says, making a chuckle rumble in Lorna’s chest.  

"Relax, Shell-head. Not all of us can fly.” Natasha says as she joins the rest of the team. “What's the drill?”  

Tony points to the Vibranium core. “This is the drill. If Ultron gets a hand on the core, we lose.” Just at that moment, Ultron shows up.