Part 4: I can't do love

Natasha's POV:
We stayed in our room for awhile before I went out quickly to get us food. I came back and Steve had his phone in hand and held it up.
"I figured out how to watch movies on this thing" he smiles proudly.
"Wow I never thought senior citizens would be able to use technology" I say sarcastically.
"Shut up let's eat I found a movie. Maybe this will make you less tense" he says.
"I'm not tense" I say back even though I knew he was right.
"Okay sure" he says taking the food from my hands.
"Well what movie did you pick out?" I ask.
"Uh it's called Spy, it is a comedy and action so I thought it would be good" he says.
"Works for me" I reply.
We sit on the bed and eat as we watch the movie. It was actually pretty good, it a bit of swearing and good action. A few funny death scenes but usually all death scenes are funny to me anyway. Steve found them funny too so that means I wasn't being psychotic as usual. It was nice, just him and me. Made me less tense like he said. I rested my head on his shoulder.

Steve's POV:

At the end of the movie Nat had her head rested on my shoulder. I smiled at her, she made me feel warm inside. I didn't know what that meant but I think it's good.
"Would you ever do that to me" I ask.
"What" asks Nat.
"Betray our country for me" I ask, I was joking but she answered dead serious.
"Definitely" she says.
"So would I" I say back also serious.
"Well I think I'm gonna go to sleep" I say.
"Okay" Says Nat smiling back.
It was a, Okay have a good sleep and damn Okay I guess this is done, smile.
She goes back over to the table and sits down as she looks out the window at the stars.
"Are you not going to sleep" I ask.
"No I don't sleep much, and even if I do sleep it doesn't last long" Says Nat.
"Why" I ask.
"Bad dreams, from my past" Says Nat.
"Do you want to talk about it?" I ask.
"No, not yet anyway" Says Nat.
"Well I won't judge you, even on your worst mistakes" I say.
"Back then they weren't mistakes, and I promise the moment you learn you'll leave, I'm used to it by now. That's why I don't get attached to anything or one, my past ends up coming up" Says Nat.
"I won't leave you. I promise" I say.
Nat nods but I know she doesn't believe me. I mean it can't be that bad, right?
I fall asleep easily. I usually have bad dreams or none at all but tonight I had a good dream, a dream about Nat and I. It was nice.
I wake up to Nat shaking me awake.
"Wake up" Says Nat.
"I'm up, what time is it" I ask.
"6:00, you slept in" she says.
"Why are we up early" I ask.
"We've got to go and get this winter soldier" she says.
"Okay, did you sleep at all" I ask.
"Yeah I got a sold 2 and a half hours" she said.
"That's not very much" I say.
"Well I usually get an hour and a half or so" she says.
"Oh" I say.
She hands me some toast and orange juice.
"Eat up you might not have that much food for the next couple days" she says.
"Why" I ask.
"We're dealing with some very dangerous people" I say.
We eat and Nat grabs a duffle bag.
"What's on the bag" I ask.
"Guns, and explosives" she says.
"Do you have any first aid in there" I asked jokingly.
"That's a good idea" she says grabbing some gauze and tape.
"I was joking" I say.
"Yeah but it was a good idea" Says Nat.
She opens the duffle bag to expose some C4.
"Where did you get those explosives?" I ask.
"Oh I've had those for awhile, left overs from a job back when I was more of an assassin." Says Nat.
"You're amazing" I say out loud when I was thinking it in my head.
"Thank you" Says Nat.
I blush.

Natasha's POV:

We leave the hotel discreetly and "barrow" a car. I drive because Steve didn't know where we were going. A little family reunion, kind of. We pull into a old run down building. A few other buildings around but not many. And not many people which was good.
"Five minutes, if I'm not out come in" I say, "go to the top floor and room"
"Okay, be safe" Says Steve.
"I'll try" I say.
I get out. The moment I enter the building I draw my gun. I walk up to the top where Yelena was.
I get into the room easily.
"I know you're out there" calls out Yelena.
"I know you know I'm out here," I respond, "so are we going to talk like grown ups?"
"Is that what we are?" She asks.
I step into the room she is in, both of us had guns pointed at each other.
"How'd you find me" she asks.
"I'm a spy I can find almost anyone" I say.
We step closer and quickly try to take each others guns but just end up swapping ours. We quickly fight before I kick her over me into a glass door.
"Good to see you to, sis" I say. Tucking the gun in the back of my pants. I look at my watch 2 minutes have passed.
"What do you want" she asks.
"Where is the winter soldier" I ask.
"I don't know" she responds.
"I know you know" I say.
"I don't" she says again.
I pull my gun and aim it directly at her head.
"I know when you're lying and you were always terrible at it" I say.
"Aren't you apart of that avengers group or something" she says, "I don't think they'd want you to kill someone in cold blood, like the old days"
"I'm losing my patience. Where is he it's even more personal this time" I say.
"You're going to kill your own sister" she says.
"You know that you're not my biological sister, we both know I don't really have a sister" I say.
"Yes but all that time training together in the red room makes us sisters" she says.
"No it doesn't" I say, I cock the hammer back on my gun, "where is he"
"DC, Washington." She says.
"Thank you" I say as I tuck my gun back into my pants, "now you might want to get out of the building" I say.
"Why" she asks.
I show her the C4 and smiles at me, "you've changed a little but one part of you will always be the same, you love your explosives"
I put one brick of C4 down and place it by the window.
"I'll shoot it from outside" I say.
"No you won't" she says drawing her gun and shooting at me.
She misses but I jump out the window right at she accidentally hits the C4 causing the building to explode.
"Shit!" I yell to myself as I fall. 
Steve gets out of the car wide eyed. The building behind me on fire and me falling fifteen stories.
I put my arms out like I'm skydiving in order to slow myself down a little. Steve is below me, he's going to try to catch me. I am 10 feet from hitting the ground, 5, 4, I feel Steve's arms around me, 2, and I come to an abrupt stop but I'm alive. I stand up.
"Now I'm really glad you came" I say patting his chest as I get up.
I make my way to the car.
"Thank you" I say.
"What the heck just happened" asks Steve.
"The winter soldier is in DC" I say.
"Great, who did you meet?" He asks.
"My kind of sister but she tried to kill me and ended up shooting some C4 which is why the building is up in flames and I fell 15 stories." I say.
"What do you mean kind of sister, did your parents take her in off the streets or something" asks Steve.
"I don't even know my parents, they're probably dead for all I care or know. We grew up together, in the red room. Trained, I was always better then her, but she started out more cold hearted" I say.
"What now?" Asks Steve.
"We've got to get out of this country quick" I say.
I park a mile from a random parking lot before putting some C4 in the car.
"What are you doing" he asks.
"I'm am destroying evidence, we blew up a building the Russians aren't going to be too happy." I say.
"No you blew up a building" Says Steve.
"Whatever you were there you were an accomplice" I say.
"So now we go on foot?" He asks.
"For a mile before we take another car" I say.
"How do you know this place so well" he asks.
"I used to beg for food here" I say.
"Really?" Asks Steve.
"The KGB doesn't feed well, lucky if you got any food in a week" I say, "even luckier if it didn't have mold on it" I say.
He nods not knowing what to say as we walk down the road. I stop and grab Steve's hand and force him to go down in the trench on the side of the road.
"We can't let cars see us" I say as a car passes.
"He's going to call the cops the moment he sees the car on fire" Says Steve.
"You obviously don't know Russia, they will think you have something to do with it so he won't call anyone" I say.
I stand up when a large pine tree catches my attention, for some reason I remembered it. I walk up to it to see a little carving in it, my initials.
"What is it" asks Steve.
"I've been right here before" I say as I trace the letters with my finger.
"What do you mean" he asks.
"I remember now," I say as my smile disappears.
"What happened" he says.
"Have you ever been so hungry that you saw road kill on the side of the road and thought about eating it" I ask.
"No you'd have to be on the brink of death to make me do that" he says.
"Yeah well I found a dead deer here, I hadn't eaten in two and a half weeks, the deer was fresh, I made a fire and ate it, it was the best meal I had had in ten years, I was seven at the time" I say.
"Natasha I'm so sorry" he says.
"Yeah well we've got to get going so no time for pity" I say speeding up our walk.
We make it to the parking lot and get another car, we drive about 90 miles before we get out and torch that one, we then walk 4 miles on foot over the boarder into Europe. There we get a taxi and and head to the airport and get a flight to DC.