Part 5: KGB

Steve's POV:
We get to DC and get outside.
"So do you know exactly where the winter soldier is" I ask.
"I think if we just start asking around he'll come out and try to kill us" Says Nat.
"Great plan" I say sarcastically.
"Yep," Says Nat as we start walking to a sketchy part of town.
"I'm looking for the winter soldier" Says Nat to some drug dealer.
"I'll tell you once we have some fun" he says bringing his hand to her thigh.
She grabs his wrist before I could kill him. She twists it so he screams in pain.
"Where is he, he has a metal arm" I say.
The guy points to a building.
"Thank you" Says Natasha as she pistol whips him knocking him out.
"Well this won't go well will it" I ask.
"I doubt it" she says.
We walk in the building and look around, a guy with shoulder length hair and green baseball hat.
"Winter soldier" she says.
He turns around quickly drawing a gun but Natasha is quicker and ducks so he misses. She shoots twice hitting the guys mettle arm. He runs out the door quickly as Nat starts chasing after him.
"You coming" she yells back over her shoulder.
I run after them.
Our fight makes its way in to the street. A few cars flipped and caught on fire but nothing major. Not until he shot a rocket at me and my shield which sent me flying into a building knocking me unconscious.

Natasha's POV:

I watched as the winter soldier blasted Steve into building.
Something about the winter soldier seemed very familiar, that's what I thought as I jumped off the bridge upside down before using a grappling hook. He looks over the bridge to see if I'm there and the moment he does I shoot his goggles or whatever he was wearing off along with his mask. Steve runs up beside me as the winter soldier is turned away from us.
"You got him?" He says.
"Yeah but I want to see his face before I kill him" I say.
"That's creepy" Says Steve.
"Yeah kind of but I have a reason" I say.
With that the winter soldier turns around. Immediately I recognized him.
"James" i say.
"Bucky?" Says Steve.
James' eyes quickly changed from I'm going to kill you to its you. He remembered me.
"Natalia" he says.
"Natalia?" Asks steve.
James and I quickly walk up to each other. He puts his hands on my face as if to see if I'm really there. Then he quickly reaches for his head and shuts his eyes really tight.
"Ah" he grunts in pain as he goes down to his knees.
I knew what was happening.
"You're getting your memory back, they haven't whipped it in a while. It's going to be a minute or so of really bad pain" I say as I go to my knees with him.
I hold my hands on his temples. That's what I did when it happened to me and that helped. Steve was about four feet behind me confused. I knew very little about James or Bucky but I did know he knew Steve and fought with Steve. I also knew that Steve thought bucky was dead from the train. I thought James was probably dead too by now.
After a minute the pain went away.
He looked at me and I smiled at him.
"Natalia you're alive" he says.
"Yeah I'm alive, and it's Natasha but everyone calls me Nat" I say.
"You changed your name" he says.
"If I didn't they would've found me easily" I say.
"That's true" Says James
"You look like shit, what happened to your arm" I ask.
"They made a super soldier or something, like you" he adds.
"Yeah well I didn't get a metal arm all I got was rapid healing" I say.
"I would've preferred that" Says James.
"Yeah" I say quietly.
I hear helicopters in the distance.
"Do they know you're here" I ask referring to the KGB red room people.
"Maybe I don't really know" Says James.
"Well we've got to get out of here because if not they will soon when their little pet project doesn't return home" I say.
"Well then we should hurry, get somewhere safe" Says James.
I look up at Steve who was still in shock.
"Do you think stark will be fine with James crashing with the rest of us?" I ask.
Steve says nothing.
"Grandpa" I yell at him.
"Sorry Uh Yeah I don't know, but that depends who's after him?" Says Steve.
"KGB" Says James.
"New York is a ways away it's going to be rough ride" I say.
"Nothing we haven't done before" Says James.
I nod as we both get up from our knees.
"Steve?" Asks James just realizing he was there.
"You're alive?" Asks steve.
"So are you?" Asks james.
"Glad you two are back together but we've got to move" I say as I hear the helicopters get closer.
"Yeah let's move" Says Steve.
We take off running into some buildings alleyways.
I quickly grab my ear piece, "Stark, Clint is anyone there"
"Nat where have you been" asks tony.
"I'll explain later but I need to be picked up now, me, Steve, and a friend you've got to hurry" I say.
"Who's after you" he asks.
"Clint will know but the KGB" I say.
"Oh shit yeah we'll pick you up in the jet." He says.
"Okay guys we stay low until stark and Clint get here" I say.
They nod in response.
We get in a corner with little sky light.
"Still got your gun James" I ask.
He holds it up proudly.
"So what have you been doing since your escape" he asks.
"Working with Shield and now apart of the avengers initiative" I say.
"So still killing" he says.
"Yeah but legally most of the times" I say.
"Well that's good" he says.
We sit in silence as the choppers seem to be directly over us. We still had thirty minutes until stark arrived.
"So how do you two know each other?" Asks Steve.
"We were together in the KGB" I say.
"Red room program" Says James.
"What's the red room program" asks Steve.
Both James and I looked at our shoes not wanting to talk about it.
"How about you two" asks Steve.
"Steve" I say pleading for him to leave it alone.
Steve goes to continue but we hear something at the other end of the alleyway.
"Where are you. You can't hide from us forever" says a guy.
I quickly attach a silencer to my gun. I step out and shot once, not making a sound. The only noise is his grunt as he falls to the ground dead.
"Are you close" I ask Clint in my ear piece.
"Give me five minutes" Says Clint.
"Yep" I reply.
A guy discovers the body and goes to call for help but I shoot him.
Quickly three more come running down the alleyway.
"You guys run I'll hold them off." I say.
"Nat" Says Steve wanting me to not.
"Go I'll be fine" I say.
They nod and take off down the alleyway as I shoot the three guys. More start coming down the alleyway.
I can hear the jet.
"Nat come on!" Yells Steve pointing to the jet landing.
I nod and take off sprinting down the alleyway while shooting behind me.
I'm about twenty feet from the jet, ten.
I continue shooting behind me. Then I hear a shot, a shot that didn't come from my gun. I continue shooting behind me running for my life, again. I'm almost to the jet when I feel a a burst of pain in my shoulder. I make no noise nor scream out in pain. I could feel my shirt getting wet from the blood pouring out of my shoulder. I fall to the ground and continue to shoot behind me.
"Nat!" Yells Steve.
I continue to shoot as all the noise around me is muffled. I shoot everyone in the alleyway, my guess was close to 30 guys.
Steve helps me up. We run to the jet. The door closes right as more KGB officers enter the alleyway.