Chapter 14

That's when I finally looked at him. His eyes were red and puffy from him crying, his hair was messy. And that muddle of a guy was my Sebastian. Mine. "I love you too, you idiot."

--

Y/n's POV

He smiled at me and went in for a kiss before I held a finger to his lips. He tilts his head at me in confusion.

"A-are you sure about this?" I asked him seriously, "Do you really want to do this?"

"I've never been more sure about anything in my life." He responds.

"I don't want to get hurt again. I don't want everyone leaving me, again." I say to him, arms crossed, avoiding his eyes.

"It won't happen. I promise. I swear on my life." He tells me.

"How could you just leave me standing there that night? How? Out there, crying. Alone. How could you?" My voice cracked as I felt my cold demeanor start to fade.

"I-I am so sorry for what I did to you that night. I've regretted it, every second. And I will always regret it, for the rest of my life. What I did was awful and you did not deserve that."

"And how could I be sure you won't do it to me again?" I ask him.

"I don't know. I'll be real honest. I'm not sure how to make you believe, especially not after what I did to you. It's a leap of faith. And I know this is asking a lot, believe me, I do. But if there is even a sliver of hope for us, please." I mustered up all the courage I could, to look him in the eyes. The sincerity behind his words, the hope and pain in his eyes.

I open my mouth to speak but nothing comes out. I was battling in my mind what I should do. On one hand, he left me. He broke my heart, abandoned me outside of BreadstiX, and now he wanted us to be together? On the other hand, he wanted us to be together. And I've missed him. A lot.

I took a deep breath, "Everything is telling me that I'd be making a huge mistake by taking you back. My gut is telling me that it wouldn't work, we would never work. And my mind, in my mind I can list a thousand reasons why we shouldn't be together."

The look on his face. There it was. Like he knew what was coming, but was still bracing for impact. Anticipating the worst.

"But. My heart is telling me that I still love you and I want to be with you. And right now, Iḿ so confused and don't know what to think or believe, what to trust. And I don't think I can do this right now. I love you, so so much. But I am not ready to just jump back into a relationship with you and act like nothing happened. You hurt me Seb, a lot."
He bit his lip and just nodded slowly. Turning his head away from me, avoiding my eyes. I could see a few tears dwelling in his own. I rested my hands on the sides of his face, gently moving him to face me.

"I'm sorry. I just need time. Can you give me that?"

Again, he just slowly nods at me. I give him a sad smile and lean up to place a quick, but loving, kiss on his cheek.

"I have to go now, okay? There's somewhere I have to be." I tell him, taking his hands and giving them a squeeze before heading over to my car and driving off to the chapel

Rachel's POV

"Oh, no. Guys where are they? It's starting to get late, we'll lose our slot soon." I ask, pacing back and forth.

"Calm down, I'm sure they are both on their way now." Kurt reassured, well attempted to.

"I-I'm going to text them again." I tell them, grabbing my phone and sending them each a message.

'Where are you? Please hurry!!'

Y/n's POV

I reached over to pick up my phone when it buzzed. Turning my attention to the message, my eyes widen in shock as I come to a quick stop.

'Y/n, it's Quinn. She's been in an accident.'