Chapter 20

A/N: Wow, so uh, it's been awhile... Over a year heh. I am so sorry about not being active! But I am back with another chapter! This story should be wrapping up shortly (within the next couple of chapters) and it's crazy to think about. I have loved getting to write for you! Anyway, I hope you enjoy this next chapter!

~~~

Y/n's POV

"I can't believe we're here! I can't wait to see my parents again! There's so much for us to do and we have to catch up on everything! Ooh, Seb, we should go to brunch with both of our parents tomorrow! And we definitely need to visit all of our old spots like BreadstiX and Lima Bean. Not to mention visit Mr. Shue and Dalton! Oh my gosh, there's so much to do. How are we going to do it all? What am I saying? Of course we can do it all!" I said excitedly as we pulled up to my parents' house.

"Y/n, breathe." He said, chuckling. "We're here the entire week. Don't worry, we'll have time to do all of that. But for right now, I just want to go to bed. We've had a long morning. I think we deserve an hour or two before we start our day, don't you?"

"Yeah, I'm just really happy that we're here." I replied as we got out of the car and unloaded our luggage from the trunk. I went to grab one of the suitcases to carry it inside but Seb waved me off.

"You go ahead. Don't worry, I've got these." He said with a knowing smile.

I squealed and gave him a kiss on the cheek and practically ran up to the front door. I rang the doorbell and waited excitedly. The door opened to reveal my mom/dad/guardian who wore a smile on their face.

"N/n! It's amazing to see you, honey!" They said, pulling me into a hug.

"You too, I'm so happy to see you." I replied, hugging them even closer.

When they pulled away, they put their hands on my shoulders and held me at arms' length, "Let me see you. Look at you, my baby's all grown up. I still can't believe it."

"I'll always be your baby mom/dad." I responded.

Seb walked up the steps of the porch, setting down the luggage to say hello, "Mr./Mrs. L/n, it's great to see you again."

He held his hand out for them to shake but they pulled him into a hug instead. "You too, Sebastian. I'm sure you're taking care of my Y/n in New York, right?" They asked.

He nodded, ruffling my hair saying, "Of course. At least, I'm trying. Quite a handful, this one."

I pouted and swat his hand away as I tried to flatten my hair while he whispered that he was just kidding.

"Here let me help you with those and we can get you both settled in." My mom/dad said, grabbing the handle of the suitcase.

"No, no. I've got it, thank you though. Y/n, why don't you head inside with your mom/dad so you guys can catch up and I can bring the luggage inside?" He said and nodded his head toward my mom/dad/guardian.

I nodded my head with a big smile on my face and followed my mom/dad/guardian inside the house. I looked around and smiled at the familiarity, "It hasn't changed a bit since I left."

"Well I'm sure you two are tired from your flight, why don't you head upstairs and rest awhile. I'll fix the two of you something to eat after a few hours of shut eye." Mom/dad/guardian said.

"That sounds amazing, thank you so much." I replied before Seb and I made our way upstairs to my old bedroom where we'd be staying.

As soon as we got to the room, I flopped onto the bed face-forward. I could hear the sound of Seb setting our luggage down and laughing at my antics.

"Excuse me miss but do you mind moving over so I can lay down too?" He asked and I let out a muffled response that was incoherent to him. "What was that love?"

I lifted my head to look at him, "I'm comfy though." And then planted myself back into my original position.

"Okay.." I heard him drag out, followed by the thud of our bags hitting the floor before I felt him jump on top of me.

"Hmpf! Seb! What was that?" I playfully shouted at him.

"Well you refused to move." He said as he rolled over and I rolled on top of him as we re-adjusted ourselves so that he was laying on his back and I was on top of him, resting my head on his chest.

Neither of us said anything after that. The two of us fell into a comfortable silence as he ran his fingers up and down my back. I felt the jet-lag catch back up to me and could feel myself start to peacefully drift back to sleep with a smile on my face.

Sebastian's POV

I could tell that Y/n had fallen asleep by the way her breathing changed. I felt exhausted but couldn't bring myself to go to bed the way that Y/n had. I had too many thoughts running through my head to shut off so easily.

I sighed to myself as I continued to rub Y/n's back. My eyes shifted their attention from Y/n's face that looked so calm and peaceful to staring blankly at the ceiling as I let my nerves catch up to me.

"You can do this."

I tried to calm myself down. I had nothing to worry about.

"Surely she'll say yes."

Of course she would. We've been through so much together and are still together even after so many years have gone by.

"Everyone will be there to help."

Things will be perfect. Everyone already knew. Her friends, my friends, her family, my family, Mr. Shue, hell even Coach Beiste and Sue knew and were on board.

This weekend.

This weekend will be the day that I propose.