Chapter 5

“Zachery? Whats going on?” I asked as he pushed his way into my home. He was wearing a black jacket and grey tight fitting pants. My eyes drifted down to his butt which by the way was very buttastic.

“We have gotten an anonymous call telling us that an undiscovered human has been seen in this house.” Zachery looked around the kitchen, looking at every last detail. He kept the gun in his hand the entire time he was checking out the kitchen. I looked down at my bedroom where I could see Arson’s head. I motioned to him to go back to the closet before trying to act casual.

“What time? I haven’t seen any humans here.”

“Just after midnight lastnight. He was seen being carried here by a second human. We believe he’s still here.” His silver eyes jumped to mine and I tried not to shiver. Instead I crossed my arms.

“Listen Zachery. No one but me is here. My parents are still out at work and I do not appreciate being accused of hiding any humans. I thought they died out ages ago.”

Zachery smiled. “I never said anything about you hiding a human.”

“But that’s what you were implying.” I shot back.

“I’m just going to cheek the other rooms while backup arrives.” Zachery said as he walked down to the bathroom. Zachery’s father was head of the police which got him out of trouble when he was caught doing something illegal. That and also his good looks made him go straight to the top. I walked after him and tried not to gasp. My silver body lotion was still out from lastnight on the side of the bath. It would defiantly raise questions. I was just about to pull him out of the bathroom when a buzzing noise echoed through Zachery’s jacket. He reached in and pulled out a small devise which looked like a smaller version of the table. A phone. He pressed a button and imminently a familiar girlie voice screeched out through the phone.

Baby! Where are you? I’ve missed you soooo much. Please come over to my place and be the big bad cop again.” I almost gagged. I cleared my throat and walked out. Adel could choose a better greeting in the future. I heard Zachery talk back to her then press end. He walked over to the bedroom, and examined the bed. The sheets were white except for a single black stripe down near the bottom.

“I know he’s here. You can’t hide forever.” Zachery called out, making me shiver. He crawled onto the bed and sat cross legged, staring at me.

“What?” I asked, crossing my arms.

“What’s with the contacts in the bathroom?” he asked. Oh crap!

“I-uh-I wear contacts to –uh, read.” I quickly tried to come up with an excuse for wearing contacts.

“You can always get surgery to fix your eyes.”

“We’ll I don’t have enough money.” I snapped. Zachery sighed, and continued to stare at me. I could feel his silver eyes as it raked over my skin. I licked my lips nervously and shifted to my other foot.