Chapter 22

Warning: This part has gory scenes so if your young or don't like them then sorry. I do get carried away with scenes like these so sorry.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

At first he didn’t see me. He was actually already being chased by a clump of pink hair and what looked like a long pipe. Blood was oozing in from his back onto his white lab coat, turning it into a sickly shade of copper. His silver hair was sticky with the substance and it dripped down to run in red lines down his face.

In one last attempt of defence against the pink haired attacker, he raised his arm but was too late as the pipe arched down onto his face. A crunch later and he was lying to one side, blood pooling around his broken nose.

My stomach rolled from the sight and smell of the blood and I staggered. I recognised the attacker as Scarlet, her face splattered with blood. She held out her hand to steady me as the world tipped and turned.

“Woah. You alright?” she asked once everything was the right way up. I nodded and looked towards the person on the floor.

“Is he dead?” I asked. Scarlet shrugged, not seeming too dazed by the fact that she just did that to someone.

“Everything’s turned to shit in the hall. The aliens figured out we were here and sent out groups to defend the main control centre. Shani and Alexis has gone wild. After losing sight of you and Zachery they decided to kill them all,” Scarlet said as she guided me back into the hall. I could see droplets of blood and the smears made by Scarlet and the alien before they ran into the room on the white floor.

“Why?” I asked once the sentence made sense in my mind. I was shocked down to the bone at Scarlets actions. I’ve never seen someone beat someone else to death before!

“She’s speaking in her language again so I have no clue,” was all Scarlet gave before the sounds of grunting, clinging of metal and the occasional last scream of a dying person echoed down the hall. I tried to brace myself before we turned the corner but nothing could brace myself enough.

Blood splattered the wall. Dripping in thick streams of red down the white walls and forming a small puddle at the floor. Already I could see a body of an alien lying in the corner, blood pooling around him or her. I could see humans and aliens having a go at each other. The aliens couldn’t get any shots in with their new weapons, but at the end of the double barrel was razor sharp sticks that were meant to impale the victim.

The humans used small dangerous weapons about the length of their arms. Silver, brighter than the alien skin, glinted in the florescent light bulbs as they slashed and twisted through the air.

Shani was the first person to draw my attention. She was slicing open any and all aliens who decided to even look at her. Blood sprayed the front of her top and face as she skilfully dodged an attack from an alien.

“Iustus mori!” she screamed at the alien and tripped him. “Putrescunt in inferno anima tua,” she spat as she drove her weapon into his chest. The alien gurgled before his body slumped. Blood began to pool around his body and Shani removed her weapon with a sick slurping sound that made my stomach turn.