Chapter 13 - Small Visit

Jason took Asher out for lunch and returned back to his apartment before his study group began, he left shortly after everybody arrived and headed back to his place.

When he arrived he realized his door was unlocked, he froze for a second, he swore he locked it before he left. He opened the door slowly and stepped in to see his mother sipping some tea on his couch, he let out a sigh of relief "Gosh mom, can't you tell me when you come over? How long have you been here?" He closed the door behind him as he walked the rest of the way in.

His mother sat up and set her tea down "I've been here since last night, I was going to invite you to a get together with some of my friends and introduce you to some great potential partners, but, from what I suspect, you already may have found one"

Jason rubbed the back of his neck before adjusting his glasses "Well yea, that kid, from the blind date, turns out he's not as bad as I thought"

Jason's mother's face lit up quickly her barely noticable wrinkles popping out a bit more "Oh that little Asher boy! Isn't he the sweetest, he's so kind and helpful"

Jason rolled his eyes as he took off his shoes and made his way to the bathroom "Gimme a sec ma."

His Mother happily took a sip of her tea "Take all the time you need" she said in the most cheerful voice.

As Jason stepped into the bathroom and shut the door behind him, he took off his glasses and splashed his face with water "I need to compose myself" he silently thought to himself as he looked in the mirror, he wiped his face with a towel and put his glasses back on before walking out of the bathroom and going to the kitchen to get a cup of coffee

His mother waited for him to finish pouring his coffee before speaking "So... You were at that kids place over night?"

Jason took a drink of his coffee before responding "Yes, but it's not like we did anything, his friends and roommate had a party and it went wrong, so we had to clean the place up and we fell asleep as soon as we where done"

Jason's mother nodded "Ok, so does he party a lot?"

Jason shook his head "No, his friends wanted to... Celebrate something... And me and Asher were out, but one of his friends got a little, drunk before we got back and invited some others over"

His mother nodded and stood up to set her tea cup and plate in the sink "So what happened then?"

Jason took another drink of his coffee before setting it aside "When we got back he handled it and kicked them out, it wasn't anything bad or too dramatic"

His mother smiled as she slipped on her shoes "Well that's good, and it was nice seeing you, thanks for the update"

He looked at his mother confused "Arn't you going to stay longer?"

She shook her head "I've been here all night and all morning, I have to get back, your father must be worried"

Jason nodded "yea, that's probably best"

With that she opened the door and left, closing the door behind her with a simple "bye"

Jason made his way to his couch and sat down "now what?" he asked himself, he sighed as he thought he could at least catch up on some work...so that's what he did.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A few hours passed and Jason was passed out asleep on his couch, laptop on his legs and papers scattered around, he woke up when he heard his phone start to ring, he sat up and looked for it before finding it next to the couch on the ground, he picked it up and answered with a tired voice "Hello?"

"Where you sleeping?" Asked the voice on the other end

Jason immediately recognized it and smiled "Yea, I was just catching up on some work and fell asleep"

Asher laughed "Silly"

Jason layed back in the couch "How was study group?"

He could hear Asher's sigh "It was OK, Dillan and Jenny did the usual, but not too bad this time, just make out, I told him he was never going to get my help again if he does anything more"

Jason chuckled "He's a real interesting kid"

Asher laughed "yes he is"

Jason could hear Dillan's voice faintly "ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT ME!?"

"Yes." Asher spoke plainly and sounded unamused

Dillan yeller again "WHAT IS HE SAYING, IS IT RUDE? HE BETTER NOT BE DISSING ME!"

Asher laughed "No no, he just said your interesting"

Dillan was quiet for a second "I don't know if I should take that in a good way or a bad way"

Asher sighed "Take it however you want I guess"

Jason laughed a bit "well... I should probably get back to work, I have some files due tomorrow, I'll talk to you in the morning"

Asher's voice sounded soft and kind as he responded "OK, talk to you then, byeee"

Jason also said bye as he hung up and started working again.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
HEY GUYS!!!!

Do my break was nice, I got chapter 14 pre made, it's a bit interesting, so be prepared when reading it when it comes out

I'm finally going to school in person on Wednesday, so no more zoom calls, yaaay

I will get the next chapter out on the scheduled day, probably after school

Stay cool my dudes