three.

╔═══*.·:·.✧ ✦ ✧.·:·.*═══╗

𝐭𝐡𝐫𝐞𝐞: 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐝𝐢𝐬𝐠𝐫𝐚𝐜𝐞𝐟𝐮𝐥
 𝐫𝐚𝐢𝐧 𝐜𝐥𝐨𝐮𝐝.

╚═══*.·:·.✧ ✦ ✧.·:·.*═══╝

PRESENT DAY 

PRESENT DAY 

She ran and ran and ran with strands of her brown hair flying in the wind. She paid no attention to the distasteful looks she acquired from the mamas in bright dresses and even dared to greet Baroness Featherington and her daughters. 

"Do not ever show that kind of behavior especially around gentlemen." The Baroness remarked to her daughters with their gazes following the scurrying governess. "You would not want to end up like her. Disgraceful." 

Augusta bursts through the front door of her friend's shop, the early morning sunlight bleeding into the glass windows. There were no customers in sight but she knew the shop would be open at this hour. "Genevieve! Siena! I have exciting news ─ oh.

As she slid the changing curtain to the side, Augusta stopped in her tracks at the sight of her friends who were laying on the couch covered in different cloths with glum faces. "Was it a rough party last night?" She asked.

Siena waved her hand. "No. But, please. Do share your exciting news, Governess Woodbury." 

"Okay!" Augusta piped up, a bright smile falling on her lips. "My story is getting published!" Instantaneously, the two ladies shot up from the couch with mouths agape. She continued on. "I gave some publisher a short story and he liked it and he said we'll hopefully see it in tomorrow's newsletter." 

Siena and Genevieve gathered her in their arms and squealed with excitement. Augusta never imagined she would get to share this type of news to anyone; she never imagined she'd even have friends in The Ton but the two ladies currently embracing her proved her wrong. Though Siena and Genevieve were much more open about their attendance in rambunctious parties and their affairs with men, Augusta tended to keep a much lower profile than the two of them ─ politely declining their invites to parties or their choice of gentleman for her to woo. 

However, there was one binding quality from the three of them: they intended to make their own money and their own way around the world with Genevieve and her shop, Siena and her singing, and Augusta as a wishful writer. 

"This is wonderful news!" Genevieve exclaimed once they broke away. "You are going to be the most beloved writer in The Ton and many will adore you then these mamas will be in the palm of your hands." 

"Watch out, England!" Siena continued on. "Remember the name Augusta Woodbury! You shall never forget it!" 

"Well. . ." Augusta drifted off. "I did not place my real name on the story."