six.

╔═══*.·:·.✧ ✦ ✧.·:·.*═══╗

𝐬𝐢𝐱: 𝐚𝐮𝐠𝐮𝐬𝐭𝐚'𝐬 𝐟𝐢𝐫𝐬𝐭 𝐩𝐚𝐫𝐭𝐲

 𝐩𝐚𝐫𝐭𝐲.

╚═══*.·:·.✧ ✦ ✧.·:·.*═══╝

The boisterous laughter echoed through the crowded room as Augusta made her way down the stairs. Siena and Genevieve had pleaded her to attend one of the parties they frequented to in hopes of uplifting the governess' dismayed mood. 

She was met with bright smiles and joyous cheers when she stepped foot in the crowd. The air was hot yet no one was complaining of its humidity. She saw people from the Ton and did a double take at all the supposed gentlemen of High Society who were involved in illicit acts. There were personalities from the impoverished regions of London too. There were butlers, maids, and servicemen. 

Of course, there was the siren in the form of an opera singer and the sly seamstress who gleefully bounced up to her. Otherwise known as Augusta's greatest friends. 

"Augusta!" They exclaimed as they threw their arms around her. "You finally attended London's greatest parties!" 

Augusta wrinkled her nose. "It smells of whiskey and cigars in here." She commented as Siena and Genevieve led her through the crowd with their arms entangled. 

"That is the fun, dear!" Siena told her. "It's just dancing and drinking and lots of snogging!" 

"My dreams coming true." She deadpanned. Augusta grunted when the two abruptly took a sharp turn to the right.

The trio entered a quiet room full of naked models. It was solemn inside which was a great contrast to the joyful riot happening a few rooms away. 

Augusta stared in awe at the models ─ both male and female ─ posing in the center of the room. She had to take note of every detail of the human body so she could place it in her writings. The room was dim with only a few candles illuminating it. 

"We'd like to introduce you to the host of this party." Genevieve told her as they stopped in front of a man with a medium build and brown hair. She jolted the governess forward with a gentle push. "Augusta, this is Sir Henry Granville. Henry, this is our thunderous ─ " Augusta threw her a scowl to which the modiste smirked at. " ─ but very much passionate dear friend, Augusta Woodbury. Henry here is the the genius of all the madness you are witnessing." 

Augusta dipped into a curtsy, uttering an audible good evening, sir to him. When she finished, Henry Granville tenderly took her hand and placed a chaste kiss to it. "Miss Woodbury, your dear friends here have told me so much about you." 

"All kind words I hope." 

Henry smiled at her. "Amusing is a more fitting term. I hear you are an excellent writer."