Chapter 8

AN: Hey guys! sorry it took me FOREVER to have this up! been really busy with school and christmas and all that!

But its come to my attention that a couple people have both stolen my idea for the fic as well as just actually copied the exact story word for word.. if you are one of these people or know one of these people doing it.. please stop or ask them to stop.. i take alot of time to write these chapters and i dont really appreciate people coping all my hard work...

now that thats over... ENJOY! (:

_______________________________________________

I spent all day researching the dynamics of the Bionic Ear. I found out that it was not always successful when it came to helping people hear and they would need to work hard at being able to hear. It was a big risk for someone who was born deaf to try and get the Bionic Ear, but it was a risk I wanted Harry to take, which is why I was now sitting awkwardly in Harry’s kitchen with his mum.

“So Louis, what did you want to talk about?” Harry was sitting up in his room, unaware of the fact that I was talking to his mum about that fact that maybe one day he would be hearing. I took in a deep breath, my finger running around the rim of the mug.

“Have you ever heard of the Bionic Ear?” My voice was small, barely louder then a whisper. Anne drummed her fingers on the table, making me look up.

“I have heard of it. Why?” Another deep breath, my head was starting to spin slightly and my heart was racing. I did not need a panic attack at this moment, willing my body to calm down I continued to breath deeply.

“Well what would you say if I helped Harry get them?” My eyes finally lifted to see her face. Her eyes were guarded and her mouth was in a very thin line.

“Louis, you should know by now that those are extremely expensive-“

“I have money saved up! I can get a job and help!” I interrupted her, my voice raised in an octave.

“Okay even if you were to afford them, there is a risk that they might not work and-” My hands flew up.

“Well take Harry to the doctor, the doctor can see if they will work. Please Anne.” My voice was pleading slightly. I knew that I sounded desperate and I cringed trying to make myself sound normal again.

“Why do you want to change him?” My eyes grew wide at the thought.

“No I don’t want to-” Anne stood up, her anger flaring.

“Is my son not good enough for you as he is? Why are you trying to change one of the biggest part of him and his life? Why Louis?,” She moved close enough to me so that I could feel her breath on my face and I could see the anger in her eyes. “Get out of my house.” Her voice was a hiss, but held all the anger that she possessed. My eyes grew wide and I started to stutter.

“No Anne, that’s not what I was trying to say! Harry told me-” Anne made a noise in the back of her throat, a growl if you will, and raised her arm toward the door. I sighed, tears filling my eyes as I took a step toward the door. “Tell him I love him Anne.” Anne scoffed, shaking her head.

“One more thing, you’re not allowed to see my son. If you don’t accept him as he is then you aren’t allowed to date him.” My eyes grew wide at her words, tears finally spilling over. Shaking my head, I lurched forward.

“Louis?” Harry’s voice came from the top of the stairs and I turned my head quickly toward his voice. The tears were still pouring down my face and Harry saw quickly running over toward me. “Why are you crying?” Harry was close to me, but didn’t bother to sign. I just shook my head, looking back at Anne who just shook her head in return making her eyes narrow. I sighed, wiping away the tears that had fallen before walking out of the house not looking at either of the people standing there. I didn’t turn around when Harry called my name or came running after me, I just sprinted off quicker than he could run letting the tears flow freely as I made my way home.