Chapter 6

I placed my legs on my brand new boyfriend’s lap after I had pulled away from his lips. I wasn’t going to push him too far and with the possibility of my family walking in soon, I didn’t want him to be extra awkward. With the closed captions turned on for Harry’s sake, we sat watching TV until my mum came home. The door opened and a rush of screaming sisters ran in and up the stairs to their rooms, giggling loudly. I sighed and shook my head, they were always so loud.

“Hey sweetie.” I smiled at her and waved. She eyed my legs over top of Harry’s and her eyebrows pulled in questioningly. I smiled at her, but made no effort to get up off of Harry’s legs. “What happened here?” I smiled at her and motioned for her to sit down on the couch across from us. At the movement beside him, Harry finally looked up, startled to see my mum moving to sit across from us. He looked at me, his eyes wide and biting his lip. I smiled goofily at him and finally decided to sit up, grabbing Harry’s hands as I did so. “Okay can you explain this to me?” My mum’s face was brightened when she saw our hands linked; the smile that appeared meant she understood it all. I laughed and held out our hands even further.

“Well mum, Harry and I are dating.” She smiled, standing up and moving across the room. She scooped up both Harry and me in a hug, smiling as she squeezed us. I gasped for a breath as she squeezed tighter and tighter. “Mum- can’t-breathe!” I tried to say with the little amount of breathing I was doing. She chuckled and let go, mumbling an apology before stepping back.

“I think a dinner is in order, Harry would you like to stay?” My mum signed to Harry, her words were still sloppy and messy, but at least she had been making an effort the past month that Harry and I had been in constant contact with each other. My sign had improved quite well if I said so. I could hold conversations with Harry now, only not knowing a couple of words. Harry smiled at her and nodded, squeezing my hand anxiously. She clapped her hands and walked into the kitchen, excited about the news. “Louis, ask if his mum wants to come?” My mum screamed from the kitchen. I sighed and asked the question; he smiled at me, nodding his head as he texted his mum.

“Make you more comfortable right?”  I signed, knowing the telltale signs of when Harry was nervous. He sighed and nodded, resting his head on my shoulder. I grinned at the closeness he was showing. Harry no longer tensed when I touched him, sometimes, even before we were dating, Harry would just grab onto my arms to show emotion and every time it made my heart flutter. I was loving how close we had become. With Harry’s head still on my shoulder, I leaned back into the couch shutting my eyes. The couch felt comfy as my body sank into in, Harry’s slow breathing in my ear as my own personal lullaby.

“Louis, wake up love.” My mum’s warm and comforting hands shook me awake from my slumber. My eyes opened slowly and I smiled at the two faces staring at me. Harry’s eyes alight with happiness and I smiled at the beauty that was his eyes. “Dinner’s ready sweetie and Anne’s here as well.” I groaned slightly as I pushed myself off the couch. I blindly searched for Harry’s hand craving the warmth his hand brings me. I heard him chuckle and bring his hand further away from mine just to tease me. I smirk and instead walked in front of him, my arms crossed over my chest.

“Hey Anne.” I sat down at the table, smiling warmly at Harry’s mum. She was always so kind and loving when I went over to their house, just like my mum. The food smelt delicious and my stomach growled with hunger after not eating much the last day. The twins came running down the stairs wearing matching outfits and matching smiles as Lottie and Fizz came up laughing behind them. Our family was always laughing so it seemed, always happy and always having a laugh. We all sat down at the dinner table, a comfortable silence settling over us as we started to eat the delicious food in front of us.