Backstory

year 843
wall Rose, Trost district:

Third Pov:

it's been nearly a Year since (Y/n) & jean became friends. basically, They both are each other's first real friend.

Now They Both are laying down on the grass, side by side , staring up at The cloudless blue sky, tired from playing all morning. A gentle breeze Caress their heated faces, making them smile in satisfaction.

A white butterfly flies around them and slowly sits down on The young girl's hand. She looks at the butterfly, smiling fondly at it.
She glances over at jean, who's looks like is sleeping, she looks back towards the sky and close her eyes as she slowly doze off to dream land.

Flashback:

a young girl at the age of 7 standing in front of a mirror
looking at her clothes with what can be described as pure hatred, a freshly ironed white top, tucked into a knee length pink skirt, pairing with her every day shoes.

she grumbled under her breath as she removed a white
barrett from her hair, letting her bangs get in her eyes.
At this moment the mother comes into her room. upon seeing the state her daughter is, she frowns slightly.
"oh (Y/n) honey, can't you just let it stay on your hair for once?" she spoke softly to her.
" but mom~ it hurt my head! I'm already wearing skirt tho" (Y/n) whines at her.

her mother sighs and smiles at her." okay, fair enough" she says and walks out the room , with (Y/n) following her.

"And Now you, Go And try to get along with other girls" her mother pushes her softly toward outside.
the young girl grumbled to herself as she finds herself walking toward A group of girls, giggling.

"why play with them? They're no fun...all they do is playing with dolls"she stoppes a little bit away from the group, hesitating to approach them. ' j_just this time! For mom's sake' she thought to herself as she went to the group.
as she reached them, They went silent and stared at her with uncertainty. Oh How She regrets Coming Here.

she decides to break the awkward silence." Um...Can I play with you guys?" she smiles nervously. one of the girls probably The leader raised an eyebrow at her" aren't you the girl that always Climbs up the trees?"
she gulps and nods her head "yeah so?"

The leader smirks at her " Then no. you can't play with us" she answers In a fake innocent tone.(Y/n) blinks and frowns at her" why? just Because I climb trees?"
the girl shrugs " Not only that~ you're always covered in mud aaaannd , act like boys " she says as her friends nods their head in approval .

'ok that's it '
(Y/n)'s Left eye, twitches with annoyance. " Act like a boy? is that supposed to insult me?" she asked while crossing her hands, trying not to blow off at her.

"well I'm just saying~ take it as whatever you want" she muses and her friends laughs. (Y/n) let her hands fall on her sides as she tilts her head down, her hair creating a curtain around her face.

she scoffs and smiles mockingly at them. she looks at the leader into eyes " Now I see you're just a annoying brat." the said girl clicks her tongues and growls at her" what did you just say ??"

(Y/N)'s smile widens as she turns around to walk away" Oh And just for you to know, I would never play with you and your stupid dolls.
They're So Boring" she faked a yawn and walks away from the now fuming girl.

'sorry mom, I Tried. but they keep disappointing me'

End Of flashback

The girl opens her eyes just to see jean looking down at her, pinching her cheek , annoyed."ow! What was that for Jean??" she pouts as she rubbs her cheek.

"I was calling for like 5 minutes you idiot." he added" daydreaming again?" she sighs and sits up" no, just taking a nap."she lied smoothly'ugh why did I remember that now' she thoughts to herself.
he rolls his eyes at her " yeah okay. You, Napping. Pigs fly too" he snort at his saying.
(Y/N) nudges his side playfully and smiles. They both became quiet as they look at sunset.

She stole a glance at the boy beside her before biting her thumb.
Thinking about whether or not talk to him. After a few seconds of internal fight with herself , she starts talking.

" ne, jean?" the said boy turns to her a little startled. " Huh?" he says barely above whisper.
" Why did you accept to become my friend? I kinda forced you to this but why didn't you push me away?" she finally asked what was bothering her.

Jean blinked a few times before laughs at her. She looks at him not expecting this reaction.
Jean calms down and smiles softly at her " because you're the only one who Stood up for me , you idiot." she frowns her eyebrows in confusion.
" J_Just because of that?" jean rubs his neck while looking away from her shyly. "No,w_well.....you're different than other girls too" he glanced at her blushing.
seeing no reaction from her he panics.
"D_Diffrent in a good way I mean!" (Y/n) blushes slightly.

He continues." you're not a cry baby or annoying as the others. You don't play their boring game either. So that's why I can tolerate you." (Y/n) giggles and throws herself at him, hugging him tightly. He yelps at her sudden action as his blushes deepen.

" Thank you jean. You're really sweet." she whispers softly. Jean smiles, flustered by the physical contact, quickly pushes her away." o_oi Don't just throw yourself at someone you idiot!" he pouts and glares as she starts laughing at his redden face.
Her laugh being contagious, he too
starts laughing.

At that day, their friendship became stronger.

[1020 words]

_____________________________________

A/N: Gave you guys a little back story ~ The story starts in the next chapter.

Q:What do you guys think of (Y/n) ?