Chapter 11

Dear mom and dad ,

How you guys are doing? Are you alright? I've missed you guys so much . Do you miss me too?
And yes I'm good , don't worry about me !

Sorry I didn't send any letters , cause you know ...
It was a big shock to everyone ; it was chaos everywhere , the smell of blood , death lingering in the air , comrades getting eaten ...It was horrible , not gonna lie.
Sorry if I made you feel uncomfortable.

But anyways , I finally graduated and I've chosen my regiment already;
don't get mad at me but...... I've decided to join survey corps with jean.

I know I know you guys gonna say ' y/n what were you thinking?? It's dangerous out there.'
I already know that , Erwin Smith , commander of survey corps made that very clear for us and that's why I'm joining them , to help humanity for the sake of my fallen friends; their death gotta have a meaning and I wanna find it. Yes , I admit it's frightening but I have to do this.

It would be nice if you guys support my decision. After all, didn't you want me to do something that I truly wanted?

Stay safe for me okay ? I try to do the same.

Love, y/n

P.s: say hi to Kirstein's for me.

I put down my ink as I finished writing my letter . Closing the envelope , I tuck it in my pocket to give tlit to the mail man before leaving for the first day of survey corps.

“ Y/n ! Are you coming or not?” I jump up , startled by Sasha's voice.

“ geez , Sasha . you can at least knock ! ”
She rubs her head and smiles
sheepishly. “ sorry...but come on ! We're gonna be late.”

“ fine , fine . Let's go.”

And she left , leaving her memories from the cadet days behind.

I am standing beside jean with others in a line , infront of the stables at we are introduced to our supervisor

“ I am squad leader ness ; and this is my horse , shallot. She loves to chew your hair , so be careful if you don't wanna be bald!”
as soon as he said that , shallot starts tucking at his bandana , showing his bald head.

' talking from experience eh? '

Their official training started the next day ;
Instead of practical training, it was mostly memorizing the long ranged information commander Erwin had devised.

Strangely, while it was written in details ,
Eren Yeager's position was no where to be found.

Y/n was taking notes of what squad leader was saying about the information . Confused at what was missing in the plan.