Chapter 8

'But I still dream 'bout the good old days'

After Mikasa's motivational speech , a little spark of hope ignited in everyone's heart. So , they decided to fight for their lives rather than waiting for death.

After her little breakdown over Mina's death , y/n got herself together or she tried to , to get to the supply storage alive.
Her , jean and Connie , flew together with other cadets toward the storage. But they yet had to get rid of titans.
Unsurprisingly, Mikasa was the one lead them.

“Hurry follow Mikasa! ” jean yells out as we follow behind Mikasa. “ let's keep this fight short ! We need to kill them all before we run out of gas.” I nod at him as I hooked my gear to the walls.

“ Mikasa's just amazing.” I hear Connie from behind.“ how can she move that fast?” I look over at Mikasa and frown. “ she's using too much gas ! Hell, I'm the fastest among us but I don't go and use all my gas like that.” I click my tongue.

In less than a minute , Mikasa ran out of gas , making jean , y/n , Connie and armin freakout.

“she's falling!” I yell out to no one in particular. “ MIKASA!” armin calls out to her and goes after her without looking back.
Connie then turn to us. “ you guys go lead others! I'll go after him.” jean eyes widen and frowns at him. “ no ! We're coming too!” Connie finally snaps.
“what are you talking about?? There are more titans left! We need your skills! ” and with that he flew away.

Y/n sweat dropped and looked over at jean , who was gritting his teeth , already under pressure.

' Mikasa , you better be okay. Cause if not , me and jean can't probably take it.'

“ it's not good , we won't get close to the HQ unless we're prepared to make some sacrifices

“ it's not good , we won't get close to the HQ unless we're prepared to make some sacrifices.” jean speaks to me as we stand on a ceiling , looking down at the titans.
I then notice one of our squads are down there , surrounded by titans.“ j_jean , look.”
I point out to him, shakily.

There was a cadet , who seemed like ran out of gas and couldn't get out of situation.
Jean wanted to go and help him but he couldn't.
“Tom! I'm going to save you!” someone shouted and flied down toward his friend, only to get caught by a titan.
Y/n and jean couldn't help but only watch as their comrades got eaten. Frozen in fear , they couldn't even blink . They could only think of one thing.

' why didn't I do anything ? '

Unaware of their friends , watching over them , they were getting crushed under the guilt of their comrade's death.
Almost like jean realized something , he turned toward the rest.

“ Go! Hurry to HQ while you can! ” he says or orders us and starts running away as fast as possible.

His statement left everyone shocked and impressed with his leadership.