Chapter 15: "What Is Wrong With You"

She was falling alright headed straight for the ground. She wasn't screaming, in fact she was laughing.
It was a surreal experience. There she was, Gotham's best reporter throwing herself off a building, and all because she wanted the big man's attention.
It was great...until it wasn't.
What if he didn't catch her? What would be reported? "Gotham's most prominent reporter commits suicide" or "Dumbass reporter kills herself trying to get a man's attention". That one seemed more likely, considering the media today.
"Come on fly boy" was all she could think about now. Every second she was getting closer and closer.
"Okay Clark, come on".

Just on cue, y/n was grabbed by a pair of strong, blue spandex wrapped, arms.
"ARE YOU KIDDING ME RIGHT NOW Y/N YOU COULD OF DIED!" Y/n looked down to the city below her. In seconds she was over her favourite coffee place, then her hair salon, then the grocery store with those sweet little muffins she liked to get. It was incredible. A loud angry voice brought her out of her trance.
"Y/N ARE YOU LISTENING TO ME!"

"Oh quit yelling Kent, I knew you'd catch me" She was too distracted by the view below her to even notice the alien's confused facial expression. He looked as if someone had kicked his dog, called him grandpa, shit a snail and spoke terrible German. Confused and startled, to say the least.

"Kent? I don't know who this Kent is but-" she cut him off.

"Please Smallville, I know everything. I can get Bruce Wayne to confirm my statement if you want" she smiled at him, her first time making eye contact since he grabbed her.
He stared at her for a moment, before nodding his expression now blank. "I need to show you something" he said, resolve in his voice. If y/n already found him out, he figured it would just be easier to tell her everything, instead of trying to hide it. She was like Bruce, sooner or later she would know everything about him. Clark thought it would be best to just tell her and save the theatrics.

He took her to the only place he could think of, his fortress of solitude. By fortress he means, 'a giant block of ice in the middle of nowhere', at least that's how y/n wrote about it on one of her news reports. This place was incredibly special to Clark. Only three people have been allowed to visit, and that was Batman, Wonder Women and Lois (naturally she was being hunted down by mercenaries and he thought this would be the safest place for her——he was wrong, but anyway).
Clark carried her the entire way, even through the big ice doors, guarding this scared place. He didn't put her down until they made it to the main theme of the fortress, his parent's statues.

'Why did ehe have to have an ice place like Else. I like the cold but this is too much', she said to herself. Clark, as if reading her mind said "Wait here"  and then swooshed off somewhere. The reporter took one step before the superhero returned with a winter jacket, scarf and hat. She nodded politely and took the garments, taking notice how he too had different clothing on. He was wearing a tight fitted black tee-shirt, jeans, and a red flannel over top.

"Nice get up Farmboy" she snickered.

"Nice hat Mountain Man" he sneered back. Y/n laughed to herself keeping her gaze on the statue of his father.

"He's pretty"

"Aw man don't" Clark sighed. Y/n looked at him confused.

"Don't what?"

"Don't hit on my dad" he looked at her, his expression pleading.

Y/n faked offence. "HUUH HOW DaRe Ye ACcUUUUSe me of something like this". She dramatically turned away from him. "I would NEVER FlIrT with a statue. How dare you think so little of me" She tried to keep her grinning expression from him, but lost it when he burst into laughter.

"Alright alright, you don't have to be so dramatic"
After the two calmed down from their little fit, Clark reached out for her hand. "Come on, I have a lot to tell you"

Y/n reached out and placed er hand in his."I can't wait", she smiled.

A/N

OMG ITS BEEN SO LONG BUT I HAVE MADE CHAPTER AHAH YES.
I hope to get more out soon for this and my other story!!!

Hope ya'll are doing okay, this last year has been absolute hell