Chapter 8: "y/n?"

"Y/n why are you holding a hairbrush?" Bruce asked his voice filled with concern. You looked crazy if I'm being honest. At some point (probably during the snap ;) ), and you had an almost animalistic look on your face.

"Bruce" you say quietly still holding the brush. Bruce walked over to you, cautiously, and lighting grabbed the brush from you. "Maxolo" was all you said before he sat you on the bed.

"Maxolo?! What did he do to you?! Did he hurt you?!" Bruce began checking you to see if Maxolo had harmed you in any way.

"No Bruce," you said pulling his arm to his side. "He didn't hurt me. Maxolo he...he didn't kill Lois, he put her consciousness into mine" you pointed to the mirror. There reflected was Lois with the same expression on her face as before. Bruce waved in front of the mirror to see if Lois could see them as well. She did not react.

"We need to tell the league. Finding Maxolo and reversing this spell is our top priority". You nodded. A trip back to the tower was the last thing you wanted, but it was necessary.
"No no" The Bat said pushing you back onto your bed. "Tomorrow. You need to rest". You nodded again.

As you lied down, you called out to your friend requesting that he stay with you tonight. After the altercation with Maxolo, you didn't feel safe anymore. The Bat merely nodded, responded with of course, and took a seat on your lounge chair in the corner of your room. With that you, you finally fell asleep.

To your suprise, the next morning you woke to a different person beside your bed. Instead of the brooding Bat, a man dressed in red and blue was sleeping at the side of your bed, his arms folded with his head rested on top.
You smiled to yourself and made your way to the kitchen. You haven't eaten since brunch the other day and were starving.
You weren't the best cook in town but you knew your way around the kitchen. You faired well for yourself. You knew how to clean and cook and surprisingly even do your taxes (Although you sat down with Olly and Bruce for hours trying to learn how to do them).
Your father tried to help you learn but he always lost his patience in the end. Same thing with your mother and cooking. You just didn't care to learn things you didn't care for. You hated evey minute of taxes (far too much math) and evey minute of cooking (far to much work). You rather have spent your time playing in the back, climbing trees, or debating with your friends over who's hotter; Olly, Bruce or Harvey. Though you never Reay cared that specific debate topic, you still loved to debate. Oh and writing. You loved spending your days writing, whether for the school paper, or just yourself. Sometimes you'd even write small stories for your siblings and friends.
Still in the end, you learned how to do taxes and cook, and made a living through writing. You did well and your family and friends couldn't be prouder.

Today you decided to cook eggs, bacon and French toast. You didn't care much for the French toast, but knew the blue and red spandex hero loved it, so you made some.
Just as you finished cooking Superman rushed out of your room with a look of panic on his face. It faded the moment he saw you.

"Hah you're alright" he said leaning against the doorframe. "I thought you were kidnapped or something" he added with an uneasy smile. You laughed.

"I thought we could use some breakfast" you said bringing the food to the table.
"Sit" you commanded in a playful manner. "What happened to Bats?"

"He had some business in Gotham and asked me to watch over you. He told me what happened" Superman reached out for your hand and took it. "Are you alright?"

"I should be asking you that" you smiled "you just found out Lois is alive! Aren't you happy?" You asked placing your other hand on his.

"I am believe me, but right now you're the one in danger" he said placing his other hand on top of yours again. You not wanting Supes to win the hand tower game moved your hand from underneath the pile and placed it on his one more time.

"With you here I'm fine. Now! Let's eat" you removed both your hands from the pile and grabbed your utensils. Superman followed suit, and you both began eating.