Chapter 16: "You were it"

Clark was right when he said it was a lot of information. If it wasn't for her 'dangerously amazing reporter skills' she wouldn't have been able to grasp it all. Bruce had told her that Superman was in fact an alien, with very very few weaknesses. He had also told her that if anypoint in time Superman decided to go rouge, he could destroy the entire planet. This was one of the reasons Bruce never wanted her to get close to the alien. He said if that he ever went, as y/n put it; "danger mode", he would have to stop him, and he knew that loss would hurt her.

Naturally of course she didn't listen to him and went ahead with not only becoming the farm boys best friend, but also a friend to his super-ego, all while of course having new stronger feelings develop for him.

She gathered whatever information she could get about Superman and ran with it. She had heard stories about him from Batman, Flash, Lex Luthor and had even gotten a scoop on him from the beautiful and amazing Wonder Woman (y/n had run into her once while she was investigating a story and the two, after Wonder Woman saved her life, got a light dinner together where they talked for a few hours. When Bruce got word of her near death experience, again, he gave y/n an earful for almost as long as the girl's dinner lasted).

All the information she had gathered on him, every little detail, every pin board full of just facts about him, seemed like nothing compared to things he could tell her.

"No Clark it's fine, totally drop all these bombshells on me and not even get me anything to snack on", she said in a teasing tone. Y/n had been here now for about two hours and was staring to get hungry...very hungry. All this information was a lot to digest.

"Oh OH I'm sorry y/n! I guess I got a little carried away" he said shyly.

"Nono Clark this is good. Actually even better then good. Thank you for telling me all of this, it means a lot that you trust me enough to share this with me". She looked down at her hands that were seated in her lap. It really did mean a lot to her, she just wished he would have told her sooner. Had he not trusted her before?
As if he had read her mind again, Clark knelt down in front of her on one knee. He gently took her right hand and held on to it with his right hand underneath hers, and his left hand on top of hers. (A/n: like a cute hand-sandwich)

"I've always trusted you y/n I just didn't want to put you in danger. If my enemies found out about you, how much you knew, that you knew who I was, they'd..." He trailed off.

"Hurt me?" She said finishing his sentence.

"No y/n, they do far worse then just hurt you, I mean look at Bruce and his robins, it gets dangerous y/n"
'Wow, pulling out the robin card huh Big Guy...low blow' she thought it herself. She understood what he was trying to say. She knew everyone of the robin's personally, and had always feared for their safety. Y/n also knew the risks getting involved with the supers. Hell the Joker alone has made a nasty habit of kidnapping her all the time. Of course it was to get information on the Bat, but now he does it cause he likes her. It always makes for an interesting story and a good vacation from the nagging supers.

Y/n had no delusions over her friendships or work life. She knew how incredibly dangerous it all was, she just didn't care enough. She wasn't scared, nervous or even the slightest bit put off by the idea that some cracko with multicoloured hair and unitard would try to hurt her someday out of the hope she knew something. She had the attitude for it, and the drive to do something about it.
Before she could could say this to him, the red caped super scout lead her to her feet, her hand still in his and started leading her off to the kitchen.

"I do trust you y/n I really do. You don't understand how badly I wanted to tell you about this, who I was, where I'm from. It took everything in me to keep the secret from you and it only got harder when I saw how you and Bruce were, how you knew everything about him, how he was okay with you knowing he was the Batman..." he trailed off. "Okay maybe he wasn't 'okay' with it at the start, but y/n I've always a wanted to tell you, to have that connectiom with you". Clark stopped in his tracks his eyes now centered on hers.
She was confused as to why he stopped but she didn't press him for answers.
She walked over to him, her hand still in his. She was now only a few inches away from him.

"Clark?" She asked in a concerned tone. It wasn't like him to just stop in his tracks, let alone look at her with such...longing.
The blue eyed farm boy reached his free hand up to her face and held it gently against her cheek.

"It's always been you" he said in a tone so low she barely heard him.
Before y/n could respond, she was interrupted by another sighing tone.

"If you two kiss I think I'll throw up".

A/N
Thank you all for being so patient with me and my story. It's only 800 or so words, but I hope it sort of makes up for the wait.
As per usual , if you see any spelling or grammar issues let me know. I'm hella tired and seem to keep missing words xD
Part of me feels I need to reread all I wrote for this book, its been too long omg.
I hope you enjoy this one!
Thank you! 🥰