08

FINDING A DISTRACTION & MEETING THE SHERIFF

Imogen had not went home, contrary to Derek's advice

Imogen had not went home, contrary to Derek's advice. She had been found by the Sheriff asleep in the woods. A local had been walking their dog and flagged up that it left the sleeping girl vulnerable, especially with the strange going's on in the town of Beacon Hills. The sheriff had been called out and ended up taking her home to stay at his house, after she claimed that she was a runaway teenager.

The jig was quickly up when Stiles had recognised her and confessed to his father that she was the daughter of Chris and Victoria Argent, the new family in town. Noah Stillinski had gave in, upon the time being late and allowed her stay over for the night. He'd rather her be in a safe environment and perhaps one night away from her parents would do her good, if she was avoiding them. He also knew however that teenagers would be teenagers and had given her parents a call to stop them from worrying.

"Morning." Stiles said obnoxiously loud and leaned in closer to the female he'd just woken up.
"You idiot.. it's too early." Imogen mumbled after a long moment of silence. She had came to and had to take time to recognise her surroundings and how she had gotten there.

"It's time for high school, the building full of popular people like you and social pariahs like me." Stiles mocked her and squashed himself onto the sofa beside her. Imogen groaned softly, quickly pulling her legs up and dropping them back over the legs of the young male.
"Why did your father let me stay over? If you're trying to get into my pants or something.." Imogen was immediately defensive.

"Like I could do that, pretty girl like you." Stiles responded honestly, there was no punchline to what he said or even a trace of sarcasm.
Imogen rolled her eyes but did receive a weird warm feeling in her stomach. She was used to the boy in front of her being a massive pain in the ass and heavily sarcastic, even in the little time she had known him.
"Really? I'm still pretty, when I look like I've been dragged through a hedge backwards and I'm sure there's probably bugs in my underwear..?" Imogen teased and ran a hand through her matted hair, adjusting herself into a more comfortable position. She took the blanket off her legs, moving closer to Stiles.

"Of course.. you're already in with Lydia's clique. Y-you must be gorgeous.." Stiles mumbled, his usual sarcastic armour down and he was now a bumbling mess.
"Thank you for letting me stay, you're like a white knight, protecting me from the cold, dark...forest." Imogen over exaggerated her words, leaning her head on his shoulder with a charming smile. She rarely had to flirt, but was also an incredibly selective woman regarding the dating scene.

She saw Stiles as something to take her mind off what was going on with her. He was cute in a childish, boy-child kind of way. The main thing going for him in his eyes was his wit and sarcasm, he was shocked that this beautiful girl was here for him and he was going to use this moment, if she was clearly up for it.
"Technically it was my dad.. he kinda has to, he's the sheriff.." Stiles bumbled on, falling silent as the lips of the two drew closer together.

Speak of the devil and it comes..they were quickly interrupted by the door opening and Noah Stillinski cautiously walking into the house with his hand covering his eyes.
"Imogen, are you decent?" Noah cleared his throat loudly, making the two teenagers jump apart. Stiles quickly stood, grabbing the blanket and pretending to be folding it up.
"You can uncover your eyes...Sheriff. I'm not naked on your sofa." Imogen quickly regained her composure,a small teasing tone in her voice and adjusted her position to be leaning back against the sofa and farther away from Stiles.

"Call me Noah. I would never suggest such a thing..Breakfast! I brought breakfast!" Noah slowly uncovered his eyes and still averted them from the young woman on his couch. He had never really had a woman in the house, since his wife. Stiles, his son wasn't exactly a ladies man and the only friend that really came around often was Scott.
Noah almost rushed into the kitchen to set the bags of breakfast down before he noticed his son being suspicious.
"Stiles.. what are you doing?" Noah asked flatly.
"Folding.. the blanket and cleaning up after my guest.." Stiles tried his best to sound convincing, making a show of folding the blanket and adjusting the cushions. Noah was the sheriff of course and knew he was lying straight away, it was barely his sheriff instincts. Noah knew his son well and that paired with the fact that he never cleaned, it didn't take a genius to see something was strange.

"Maybe you should come over more often Imogen. You might convince him to tidy his room.. Stiles knows the rules, no girls upstairs." Noah quickly corrected himself, noticing he'd just given her an open invitation to go into his son's bedroom and that wouldn't end well.
"Do you mind if take a shower Noah? I already smell like dirt, at least I can smell nice if I look like.. look bad." Imogen realised she probably shouldn't curse loudly in front of the sheriff.

"Bathroom is on the left at the top of the stairs. I'm sure Stiles has something that will fit. I got waffles for breakfast, hope that's alright. I wasn't planning on anybody else staying and wasn't sure what you ate." Noah smiled kindly and handed her a paper bag from a breakfast place.
"Thank you so much, for everything. And for letting me stay." Imogen smiled honestly back, starting to eat her breakfast with the small family.