18

A CRASH COURSE ON WEREWOLVES 

Imogen rolled around, slowly waking up

Imogen rolled around, slowly waking up. She immediately felt a painful sensation in the top of her arm and instinctively reached out to touch it.
"I wouldn't do that." A voice cut through the silence of the room and Imogen quickly bolted up in bed, wincing as her arm slammed off the wall.

Imogen hissed and quickly withdrew her arm, looking down at the hole in her arm with wide eyes.
"What the hell did you to me?"
"You did it to yourself. Attack me on a full moon and next time I won't hold back." Derrick replied flatly, setting a mug down on the floor beside her.
"Full moon? You're still spouting werewolf none sense. I change on a full moon, sharp teeth.. glowing eyes. I eat people to."

"We don't eat people, unless you're long gone." Derrick smirked.
"What the hell am I doing here and what's in the cup?"
"What's the last thing you remember?" Derek rolled his eyes and took a drink from his own cup to show the liquid was safe.

"The party.. getting angry and very drunk. I think I pushed my date in my pool when he tried to have his way with me. If you could call it a date." Imogen scrunched her face up at the thought of the arrogant lacrosse player, picking up the cup and hesitantly taking a drink. She recognised the liquid once it hit her mouth, surprised that a man that lived in the middle of the woods even owned tea.

"You did push him in the pool but it was well deserved." Derek smiled smugly, raising his mug in a cheers motion.
"You were there? Wait, you were watching me? What the hell?" Imogen snarled, kicking off the thin blanket that apparently had been placed over her and standing up.
"Calm down. I don't have the energy to tackle you at this hour." Derek groaned.

"Why were you watching me?" Imogen snapped, snatching up the nearest object and throwing it towards his head. The object happened to be the blanket that lay at her feet and Derek easily dodged the soft mass of fabric.

"You'll need that, trust me. It gets cold in here." Derek caught the blanket and chucked it back towards her.
"You didn't answer my question." Imogen clutched her mug tighter, her anger rising quickly.

"I was simply around. Getting your stupid sister home after she went on a date with Scott, on the night of a full moon."
"I swear if you've hurt her, even Scott. It kills me to say this but Allison is really sweet on him." Imogen growled.
"I didn't touch her. She's tucked up safe at home.. you on the other hand." Derek hummed and glanced down at her. His eyes held a sense of concern but the concern was quickly shrouded in a mist of darkness.

"I'm trained in self defence."
"How's that going to hold up against a werewolf?"
"Werewolves aren't real! And I'm certainly not one." Imogen darted forward in a moment of anger, her eyes unknowingly to her switching again.
"Aha! How come your eyes have changed?"
"They haven't! I'm a perfectly normal school girl, and when I tell my father about this. He'll probably shoot you."

"He had his friend shoot you in the arm last night. The pain in your arm, it's where I pulled an arrow out. From his other friendly hunter, under his orders to take you in." Derek hummed contentedly. He knew he was riling her up but he had a reason.
"He wouldn't ever touch me like that! You're just a sad, little man that lives in the woods. And kidnaps high school students." Imogen roared and pounced before using her head.

Derek smirked, his goal achieved and quickly restrained her.
"You're not a supernatural creature.. how do you explain that?" Derek hissed lowly and grabbed her chin, forcing her to look into a mirror that lay on the floor.
"Let me go! This is all a nightmare.. none of this is real. Why are you in my head? In my dreams?" Imogen mumbled crazily and struggled in his arms. Derek held her in place, kicking the mirror aside to avoid causing her more distress. He had made his point.

"You're not a monster. You're a werewolf..you're one of us. Just like Scott, unfortunately."
"You're such a liar. You're lying to me, he would have told me.. they would have told me." Imogen mumbled incoherently, scrunching her eyes shut and starting to kick out at the body of Derek.
"I'm not lying to you. I'm the only one telling you the truth. Last night, your father got his colleague. Another hunter that hates our kind to shoot you, he wanted to see you in pain."

"Shut up!" Imogen screamed but it held no weight behind it. Derek loosened his grip, feeling her resistance shoot down and felt her chest become heavy as tears spilled from her eyes.
"Breathe. Lucky for you, I'm willing to give you and Scott a crash course on werewolves. Mainly for the people of beacon hills, like you said so they don't get eaten." He awkwardly tried to lighten the mood.

"I spiked the punch, wolfsbane. It's incredibly toxic for our kind and that's what caused the freak out when you changed."
"You willingly gave me something that is deadly? Wait, how did you know there weren't other..W.. people at the party like me?"
"I do my research. It's not a common thing. The bite or to be born with it is a gift." He had to be sure she was one of them and the wolfsbane had been an experiment. A breed that was particularly dangerous to female werewolves during transition but he knew he'd be there to stop her.

"You're such a tool." Imogen huffed. The words had left her mouth as if by themselves, very strangely considering she'd never used the word tool.
Derek froze at her words with realisation flashing before his eyes. He saw a flash back in his head of his youngest sibling and thought how she used to say the same thing even as a child. Maybe.. no get your head in the game Derek. She died, he had to tell himself and return to his stoic faced self.

"You.. uhm should be heading to school. There's some clothes in the bathroom. They might fit.. they might not." Derek mumbled.
"You have women's clothes. Are you some sort.. of lady killer?"
"I'm not a lady killer. They belonged to my sisters, the only few that I really have now."

"Oh.. I'm sorry they're not around anymore. Are they.."
"None of your business. Make sure to lock up." Derek said and he was quickly gone out of the house, to have some space from the newly bloomed werewolf.