10

AN ALMOST KISS WITH AN EMOTIONAL YOUNG WOMAN

Imogen sat in the front seat of the jeep, twisting the knobs for the radio impatiently

"Can you just find a radio station? It's not rocket science." Stiles said sarcastically, pulling into the driveway of Scott's house.

"You have no good radio stations and I have to tune you out somehow." Imogen rolled her eyes and propped her feet up on the dash.
"Feet down. Number one rule of driving safety." Stiles said seriously.
"Driving safety? Your jeep is slowly falling apart." Imogen said flatly, but nevertheless took her feet down. She wasn't stupid and didn't fancy ending up in a car accident.

"My jeep is perfectly fine! Nothing wrong, just needs a paint touch up, it's only broken down.." Stiles whined and clutched the steering wheel tighter.
"..about a thousand times." Scott finished for him, climbing into the back of the vehicle and throwing his lacrosse bag down.
"Told you. Just get us to school, safely." Imogen responded smugly, throwing Stiles a playful wink.

"Uh..Imogen?" Scott was clearly confused, his eyebrows furrowing.
"Yes pen boy?" Imogen groaned internally.
"What are you doing here.. in the jeep.. not that you can't be..here.. in..the jeep.." Scott tried to question but just made a massive fool of himself. He awkwardly scratched the back of his neck and tried to find something to fix his eyes on, instead of her.
"Woah woah woah, you're probably cooking up some little fantasy in your head of me and this idiot. Nothing happened, his father let me stay for the night." Imogen insistently said, pointing a thumb at Stiles upon the word idiot.

"Allison never said anything about you not coming home..but we were busy.." Scott said dreamily.
"You were busy.." Imogen furrowed her brows trying to figure out what on earth Scott was rambling about.
"We might have kissed and she's my date to the party." Scott announced proudly. Stiles cheered from the drivers seat, praising his best friend with a patronising "way to go bud".
"I seriously need to have a word with her if she kissed you. Remember that's my sister." Imogen scrunched her nose up, warning the two children to not go any further.

"You and Stiles could always..." Scott tried to throw his best friend a bone, but was quickly shot down.
"You're both morons. Nothing happened between us and nothing will." Imogen groaned and placed her hand to her temple in frustration.
"Out of all the houses in Beacon, you ended up in mine." Stiles replied cockily and quickly wriggled his eyebrows "seductively" at the young woman, before turning back to the road.
"..the sheriff is your father, the police. The person that keeps people safe." Imogen said in an obvious manner.

"She does have a point man." Scott said gently from the back seat.

"End of conversation about me and...him. I'm going to make use of you two idiots, since you probably know him. Strange people know strange people and all that." Imogen swallowed the nerves that threatened to spill out, regarding the question.
"I have a name." Stiles protested.
"Stiles, I don't think you should shouting that name from the rooftops." Imogen responded smartly.
"Stiles is actually a nickname." He responded with sass.

"Stiles!" Imogen shot him a death glare, quickly quietening him.

"There was a man in the forest yesterday, very flat speaking, tall.. wears a leather jacket. Spoke very monotonously and insisted I leave his land. Any ideas?" Imogen tried her best to hide the pleading undertone to the question.
"Derek Hale." Scott mumbled from the back seat.
"Speak up."

"Derek Hale." Stiles said at a normal volume, his face paling at his name. He pulled into the school parking lot and looked around for a parking space.
"He's dangerous Imogen. He's only a few years older than us but you can't get mixed up with him. His whole family, they all burned to death in a fire, like, ten years ago."  Stiles demanded to the female, concerned for her safety. He pulled into a parking spot and shut the engine off.

"I'm not a child, not your girlfriend either. It was one almost kiss, almost a big mistake. I can protect myself." Imogen hissed in annoyance, trying to open the door to escape.
"You have to jiggle the handle.." Scott mumbled.
"You're stupid and so is your stupid car. Goodbye idiots." Imogen groaned, finally managing to open the door. She slammed the door of the jeep, walking off quickly to find her sister and her friends.

"Almost kiss? You two.." Scott filled in the silence after a few minutes.
"Let it go Scott. She's an emotional young woman." Stiles waved his best friend off.