09

SMALL TOWN FRIENDLINESS & FLANNEL SHIRTS

"Why do you own so many flannels?" Imogen said, thumbing through the wardrobe of the Stillisnki boy

She stood in a towel after her shower and Stiles had his back turned to her, focusing on the wall. She was a hot girl and he didn't need a repeat of earlier, especially a progression of that moment. He would have loved his first time to be with such a beautiful woman, like he had dreamed of Lydia many times. Imogen was a.. friend? She would eventually become a friend he hoped and he had to respect her, as much as she tried to tease him. He wasn't stupid and knew that the scene earlier was thought out. She had a lot going on in her life and a boy was an easy distraction. Unlike many boys his age, Stiles had feelings and knew it would hurt him if she was to use him as a distraction tool, leaving him soon after.

"Really? Insulting my wardrobe after I'm letting you borrow my clothes. I could make you go to school with your clothes from last night." Stiles scoffed.
"You own a lot of plaid shirts. We could arrange something if you.." Imogen smirked at his unintended proposal but was shot down by a bumbling Stiles.
"No. Get dressed and hurry up, wear one of my stupid plaid shirts. I need to pick up Scott." Stiles responded quickly,standing up and leaving the room.

Imogen rolled her eyes at the sarcastic tone and picked up a large plaid shirt from his wardrobe. Imogen had had to ring Allison from Stiles's phone, receiving a confused hello and her sister demanding an explanation. She had asked her to bring a set of particular items, receiving multiple questions about where her sister had been last night. Imogen had told Allison she'd explain at school, still contemplating whether to mention the changes she was going through and how Chris had lied to her. Imogen had ended the phone call rather quickly, with a manipulative "I love youuu."

Allison had missed the argument with their father, being with Scott at the time. Imogen already knew what people would say, the fact that she had no makeup on, would be noticed but she didn't care much for makeup anyway. She'd be questioned after getting out of the jeep that was falling apart, belonging to Stiles. She wouldn't walk to school, truth was she was kind of spooked after last night in the forest. She wouldn't admit it to the child like boy but she didn't mind his company.

"Why do girls take so long to get ready? She literally needs to put shoes on. Shoes!" Stiles moaned to his father, standing in the kitchen.
"Son.. be a little kinder. I think.. I think Imogen needs a little kindness right now." The sheriff said softly to his son, while counting lunch money. He was already preparing it for his son and Imogen, without question. Noah was a massive father figure in Beacon, to a lot of the kids he'd had to take into custody and Imogen was no different.

"I managed to find my shoes.. and put them on my feet. See, Stiles? I'm a big girl." Imogen said sarcastically, finishing down the last steps of the staircase. She had been ready for at least five minutes but had heard her name mentioned and decided to eavesdrop.
"Great! Let's go!" Stiles said, completely oblivious to her sarcasm as he threw her hands up in the air.

"Stiles, you can wait by the jeep. Give the girl a break! It takes longer to get ready.. am I right?" Noah tried to signal to his son he needed to speak to Imogen alone, trying his best to speak teenage girl.
Stiles groaned in annoyance and flounced out the door, grabbing his backpack.
"Don't forget my lunch money Argent!" Stiles called out teasingly.

"Imogen, are things okay at home?" Noah said gently, feeling slightly uncomfortable. He'd never had a teenage girl in the house properly and was trying to show he cared, but not be overbearing and creepy.
"It's.. it's fine at home. I promise. Thank you for letting me stay Sheriff." Imogen smiled at the kind man.
"There's always a place for you here. I'm sure Stiles won't have any complaints." The sheriff raised his eyebrows suggestively, making a quick stop upon realising his audience.

Imogen glanced down at her muddy shoes, trying to ignore her inner screams and groaning in her mind. She had to have been stupid to try and sleep with Stiles, to distract her from her problems. She did feel bad for the sweet boy.
"Thank you. I'm sure I've worried my parents enough and should probably go home tonight." Imogen smiled sheepishly, her words about going home hitting her in the stomach like a truck. The young woman hurried toward the door, pushing the thought of home to the back of her head.

"Imogen! Lunch money. For you and for stupid out there." Noah called out, before she could leave. He handed her two notes, giving her a kind smile.
"I'm not a charity case Sheriff." Imogen rolled her eyes playfully, but took the money anyway and found herself smiling back.