"He's not worth it."

TW: Triggering topics, such as suicide and abuse

Hermione's breath shook as she swung her legs over the railing, sitting down on the edge. She thought over the last 30 minutes of her life and wondered when it had all gone to shit.

She had walked into the boy's dorm to find Harry and found no Harry, but Ron instead.

Clothes strewn on the floor, two silhouettes tangled behind Ron's bed hangings. She had gasped. The moans and all other noises had stopped. After a moment, Ron had stepped out from the hangings. She had screamed at him, words that made sense at the time but now it was all just a blur. 

He had hit her. It was after some insult about him being a man-whore and the blob of gems and ribbons on his bed being a slut, and he had slapped her across the face and shoved her out of the door. 

She ran.

Now she sat, sobbing, on the railing on the Astronomy Tower. In the exact same place where Dumbledore died, and she had said 'I love you' to Ron the first time. 

The ground below her was blurry, her tears blocking her vision. She could just-

Two strong arms wrapped around her waist, pulling her back away from the ledge. She struggled, punching and hitting the person. 

"Shh, Granger, calm down," a husky voice murmured, trapping her arms on her sides. She relaxed, collapsing into the boy who smelled like cologne and spearmint. 

He turned her in his arms, looking her over. "Are you hurt?"

She nodded. 

"Where?" Then a gasp as he noticed the bruise on her cheek. His hands reached out to touch it, and she flinched away.

"My side," she muttered. He lifted her shirt gently, and his cold fingers and something metal brushed lightly over the small gash and large bruise where she had fallen. She let out a hiss of pain as he lifted her up gently. 

"I'm taking you to the Hospital Wing."

She shook her head rapidly, pushing away from Draco. "I'll heal it myself."

She pulled out her wand and cast a healing charm on her side. There wasn't much she could do about her face, though.

"What happened?" Draco demanded.

She sighed, sitting down on the floor. He sat beside her and she collapsed into him. "Ron."

She looked up at him and anger flickered in his eyes his hand grabbing her arm. 

"He's an asshole," she told him. He nodded and broke her gaze, glancing out over the grounds. 

"You weren't going to jump, were you?"

She shrugged. "Maybe."

"He's not worth it."

She sighed. "I know."