Fake

"Granger, I need your help."

Hermione looked up from her book at her fellow Head student. "Come again?" She asked, annoyed.

"I need your help," he said again, shifting uncomfortably where he stood.

"One more time, I need to hear it again."

"I. Need. Your. Help," he gritted out.

She smiled. "Sit down. Tell me."

He collapsed into the chair across from her and leaned forward in a conspirational manner. "I heard about your recent break up with Weasley. And I just recently broke up with Astoria. Clearly, neither you nor I like the fact we were dumped. So, I think that we just need to make them jealous and they will get back together with us."

"And how are we to make them jealous, Malfoy?" Hermione asked, closing her book and turning her full attention to the blonde. 

"By dating someone else," he told her simply, relaxing even more into the chair and putting his feet up on the table.

"And I'm assuming," she said slowly, running a finger over the pages on her book. "You want me to date you. 

He nodded. 

She laughed. "You've got to be kidding me. Nobody will believe it. We hate each other. Everyone knows that."

"Actually, most of the school thinks it's repressed sexual frustration."

"W-what?" she spluttered. 

"They think that we secretly have feelings for each other. We act on that. Like the sexual tension finally exploded and we ended up shagging, and now we are together."

"Fine," she concluded, setting her book on the table. "I'll go along with this plan. BUT. It is only to make Ronald jealous. Not because-"

"Not because you have feelings for me."

"Right. How do we do this?"

"First, we need a backstory."

They spent about 20 minutes creating a story about how they had both gotten drunk, ended up sleeping together, and dated in secret for a week or so.

The plan was as follows:

1. Get caught snogging in a public place

2. Rumors spread across the school

3. They confirm said rumors

4. Astoria and Ronald get jealous

5. They break up and either get back together with Ron and Astoria or not. Depends on if they still have feelings or not

They also decided that Ginny and Blaise, being their best friends, would know the truth.

Three hours later, Parvati and Padma Patil found them snogging in the Magical Creatures section of the library. The sisters left immediately, giggling and whispering under their breath. Hermione immediately pushed Draco off of her, righting her clothes and fixing her hair. They both left without another word. 

At dinner, they both spent about twenty minutes explaining to the people at their separate tables the entire story of how they had gotten together. At the end of dinner, Draco used Legilimency to tell her that their plan was working and Astoria had sat at the end of the table and poked angrily at her dinner. Hermione told Draco that Ron had been making rude comments the entire dinner, about how Draco was 'using her' and 'only wanted her because she wasn't ugly anymore.'

So far, their plan was a success.

A/N Part two? Maybe? Idk I need inspiration.