• 𝙩𝙝𝙧𝙚𝙚 •

Loud bangs woke me up. It's been going on for nights now. My father burning up in rage. I get out of my bed as my bare feet hit the cold wood floor. I head to mothers room looking for comfort. As I open the doors to my mothers room I see Catherine already sitting next to her cuddling close.

My mother opens one of her arms gesturing me to come to her.

"Why is father mad again?" Catherine questions.

"He can't figure out how to defeat the other kingdom."

"Why does it matter so much to him. He doesn't even bother checking up on his own family." I say with frustration.

"He hasn't slept in days. He's always stuck in that office of his." My mother muttered.

I start to wonder off as my mother and sister drift off to sleep.

"What's so important to him about that kingdom?" I wonder in my head. I start to question about the people in the other kingdom. What's so bad about them that gave them that reputation.

Not all of them must be bad...right?

___________________________________

It's the next day as I walk to our ball room.

"Y/N I need your opinion. White, black, or green?"

"White is best but not to much because we are not at a wedding." I state.

"Your right. Servants! Please bring out the white table cloth please." Servants quickly bring out the table cloth.

"Perfect. This is the perfect color! Thank you Y/N."

"Anytime mother." I say with a warm smile. I walk out of the ball room meeting my brother.

"And who are you taking to the ball?" I ask with a raised eyebrow.

"I'm taking one of those bratty Miraton girls. As per mothers requests." He says sarcastically.

"Well good luck with that." I chuckled slightly.

"Hahaha very funny." He says walking away.

As I was walking down the halls I pass by fathers office. I catch a glimpse of him with his hands on his head with frustration. I decide to enter his office.

"Not now Catherine."

He lifts his head up to see me in the door frame.

"Oh sorry Y/N I don't get visits from you often."

"Father can I ask you a question?"

"Make it quick I have lost of work." He says without taking his eyes off of his papers.

"What makes the other kingdom so bad?"

He slowly lifts his head to look up at me.

"I think it's time to tell you our kingdoms history. Please sit."

I sit in one of the velvet chairs in front of him.

"Long ago, two kingdoms were in peace. Everyone was happy and everything was great. Until, the King of the other kingdom turned to greed and stole one of our beloved crowns. We fought for that crown till all our men were gone. But they were too strong. Till this day we haven't figured out what makes them so strong."

Not very shocked I say their. Thinking.

"That's the famous tale? What's so special about this crown anyways?"

"When your older. You won't understand."

"I'm 17 father. I think I'm very much capable of understanding."

"No you are not Y/N."  He said raising his voice

"Fine." I left the room in a rage.

Why couldn't he tell me? What would be so special about a crown. If I'm old enough to have my first corset then I'm old enough to understand an old tale. 

I shake it off and head to my room.

It's already late and I'm stumbling through the halls.
I walk over and open my doors. I approach my bed to see a bundle of flowers. I find a tag attached to the bouquet with a pink ribbon

"D"

I admire the beautiful flowers. Roses, daisies, tulips. As my nose approaches the flowers a wave of smells fill my head and a smile wipes on my face.

I put them in a vase next to my bed and fall asleep

The thought of the crown still lingering in my head...

___________________________________