• 𝙣𝙞𝙣𝙚 •

"I'm telling you! She is the one."

"Are you absolutely sure? You nearly just met her a week ago." I stated.

"I know but I really do like her. She's kind and has her own opinions on things, unlike those girls from the kingdom across the rode." My brother cried as he slouched down deeper into the leather couch with his arms crossed.

"Okay. Okay. If you really do love her, why don't you tell her?" I suggest.

"You haven't confessed your love to someone and it shows." He rolled his eyes.

"I take some offense to that!" I spoke with my eyebrows creased.

"I'm trying to say that it's not as easy at it seems." He remarked.

I sigh and get up off the couch. "I'm going on a ride. You can figure out how to confess your love with Catherine or something."

He rolls his eyes once more and I head to the stables. As I enter the dusty barn I breath in all natures gifts...if you know what I mean. I walk over to my horse Onyx. He is a has a lovely black coat and a lushes main. My parents bought him when he was only a baby. They gave him to me as a gift of age when I turned 7. In our kingdom, learning how to ride a horse was more important than actually walking. Of course I learned how to walk first but they really focused on horse back. That's the our main transport. I always thought of it as companion ship. Some people just think of horses as a way to get around. That's one use, but they are animals and have feelings. I give Onyx a carrot only to bring his spirits up.

I bring him out of his stall and put his saddle and bridle on and head out.

I wonder around to woods for a while just admiring the nature. I know theses woods like the back of my hand and so does my horse so getting lost is very unlikely. The only part of the woods that I don't dare cross is the Riddles kingdom line. There are a current part of the woods that draw a line between our kingdom and theirs. It's very obvious to see because most of the trees are dead. I would say the flowers are dead too, but there aren't even flowers growing. But still, curiosity lingers.

I steer clear from that part of the woods and try to enjoy my trail ride before dawn. I head towards a stream of water not to far from home to let my horse soothe his thirst before heading home. I sit in the saddle viewing the trees above while my horse drinks. I hear crackling of sticks in the distance. I don't think anything of it because it is a forest and there are animals in it.

I go along my day trying to get home but my ears hear laughter now. I catch an eye to that. No one goes in this forest other than riders in the family and the fruit pickers, but they don't come till Monday. I hear hooves galloping and arrows swiping through the air. I'm now confused and concerned. I grow suspicious as my horse is still and I continue to hear hooves stomping on the hard ground.

I head towards the noise to investigate. I see fast blurs of riders chasing something. I check to make sure my dagger and bow & arrow are in possession.  I go closer to the noise and see a baby deer with tiny hooves and white spots on its lower hind. I smile at the site but quickly turn stone face as I see two Familiar faces.

Mattheo Riddle and that boy I bumped into at the boutique.

They both ride dark grey horses with all black riding wear. I see a gun in Mattheos hand and a dagger in the other boys hand.

They spot me and we all stare at each other for a minute or two before I realize they are hunting the baby deer. My emotions are turned into irritation how they are tormenting wild life.

The other boy throws a dagger over my head. I quickly duck. My horse spooks in fear and rears up on his hind legs. My instincts are to grab my bow and shoot them. I obey.

I load my bow with an arrow and shoot the other boys jacket. Not to hit him, but to throw him off. Literally. The force was so hard the arrow threw him off his horse. The arrow hit a tree which made him unconscious.

It was only me and him left...

I shot another arrow at him. My eyes widen. He caught the arrow. He caught the bloody arrow! I look back to see a smirk planted on his face. The baby deer goes running and so does he. I follow him trying to hit him with my dagger. The galloping fades as my head is just filled with my fathers words.

His expectations gave me more determination to kill this boy. I threw my dagger aiming for his head but he ducked. I saw the dagger hit the ground. As I past it I slip to one side of the saddle where my hair hits the ground and retrieve my dagger.

His horse is too fast. Onyx is young and still needs training. It's hard for him to keep up. 

Mattheo quickly turns back towards me and shoots his gun. The bullet glides over my face only creating  a scar on the side of my face. I quickly throw my dagger right in the nozzle of his gun. Blocking it to shoot anymore. A give him a slight smile and a wink before disappearing into the woods.

I guide my horse into the woods planning on cutting him off, grabbing the baby deer and get it to safety. I don't really have time to play his childish games. He shouldn't even been on our side anyways!

I shake off the thought and focus on the plan at hand. I see him galloping trying to catch the deer. I see the perfect moment to go in. I take it and cut right through him. He suddenly stops with confusion on his face. I grab the deer and make a run for it. As I gallop away I see him panting like a dog on his horse with the most irritating look. I give a small laugh in success...

___________________________________

I'm doing spam updates so enjoy 😊

I hope your enjoying the story so far! Please leave me comments on anything you would like to see or any suggestions <3

thank you for reading
Don't forget to vote 🖤