• 𝙩𝙬𝙚𝙡𝙫𝙚 •

Y/N Berkshire;

Silence. I lift my glass cup up to my lips taking a sip of the red wine. My eyes lift up as the liquid pours into my mouth. Eyes just starting at each other awkwardly. We all wait for someone to start a weak conversation just to break the tension, yet no one uterus a word. I look at the empty chair that is Lorenzo's spot. I slightly lift an eyebrow at the sight and look at Catherine. She softly shrugs her shoulders in confusion. I glance at mother and she is completely zoned out. Father is eating up a storm. In a rush to get back to his office I suppose.

"Excuse me." I lift out of my chair pushing it back as it scratches the wood floors. I lay my napkin that was once in my lap, on the table.

I walk over to see what Lorenzo is doing. He's usually never late to dinner. He eats almost every second so it surprises me that he's absent. I walk over to his room but stop freezing behind the door. I hear mumbling.

"I swear to god..." I say under my breath opening the door.

"Oh god Enzo come on!" I quickly regret my choices opening the door.

"At least lock the door you know better!" I shut the door and put my hands over my eyes and lean on the wall rubbing my temple.

The sight of my own brother smothering that poor trade girl quickly took away my appetite. He walks out with only pants and a slightly torn up shirt. He looks down at the floor rubbing his neck.

"What did I tell you about that girl." I stare him down.

"Please don't tell mother!"

"That's not even in question! I do not want to walk in on you swallowing that girl! I'm traumatized. I will put your name when I sign up for therapy under payment plan."

"So we are not telling mom.."

"I'm done."

"So it's clear we never experienced this?!"

"Yes! Now shut up and come to dinner." I walk away heading back to the dinning room.

I sit back down and everyone is still solid as rock. Catherine gives me the death look for leaving her alone. I roll my eyes a pick at my food. I look down to see that steak is served. I squish it down with my fork and the juices come out. Reminds me of the dead deer on my bed. I shiver mentally and try to forget the moment. My hands are still stained from the clean up.

___________________________________

  I find myself retreating back to my good old willow tree. This time I have a paint sent I'm my hand. I speed walk over to the tree trying not to drop all my supplies. All my weight goes to my left side and I realize my paints are about to spill. I catch myself by sitting down before I could waste another drop of my precious paints. Father gifted this set to me when I was fairly young. He visited France and brought back a beautiful one of a kind canvas. Hand threaded by the lady's of the river. I dip my brush into water first then glide it over a sparkling baby blue pigment. I brush the canvas and see the paint seep in. I eventually zone out which mostly happens when I'm painting. Once I'm snapped out of my creative mind I ended up with half a landscape. I look down at my hands to see how messy they were. I take time to think about my next plan. I look over to the house and see father arguing with mother. Then I see the pond. There is no wild life so it would be suitable for washing my hands. I mentally nod and agree then head over to the pond making sure I don't knock over the canvas with my fast movements.

I head over and bend down on my knees to the water. I look at my reflection and see my painted face. I softly chuckle at myself and dip my hands into the fresh water. I grab a scoop of water to clean my face off. I finished my task and stand up to hear mumbling. I freeze trying to find out where the noise is coming from. I look back at the willow tree and see someone, or something, behind it. I slowly approach the mysterious figure.

" will you? No. Will you give me the honor- no definitely to formal. How about-"

"Cedric?" I call out.

"Oh y/n! Um what are you doing here?"

"Well it is my house so I would ask you the same thing." I smile slightly.

"Oh. Your right."

"Did you need anything?" I ask.

"No. Well, actually I did want to ask you something."

"Shoot."

"Well I think you are very beautiful and kind and I've been interested in you for a while and your mother says I'm a wonderful suiter and- the point is that..."

"Will you take my hand in marriage Y/N Berkshire?"

Everything freezes. I process what he just said and don't know what to do.

"Say something y/n!"

"Cedric.."

"I know it's really soon but I want to spend the rest of my life with you. Let's face it. Your parents are going to force you into marriage either way, why not marry someone you already love? Hopefully.."

"I, I like you Diggory, I really do. It's just, I need time thats all. We are still young. I still want to enjoy a bit of life."

Those honey eyes again.

"I understand. Really think about it okay."

He reaches out for my hand and gives it a small peck.

I finally breath. I'm so surprised. I definitely knew he was going to prepose one day but I never thought it would be this day.

___________________________________

Sorry for the super late update! Weekly updates will be back ❤️

Hope you like this chapter!! More is yet to come.

Thank you so much for reading and don't forget to vote