A new somewhere

"Tammy grab the bags!" A random lady shouts.
"What?!" Another lady shouts back.
"I SAID GRAB THE BAGS TAMMY!" She shouts.
"Gosh Melanie I know I'm practically deaf but you don't have to yell at me." Tammy says annoyed by her response.
"Goodness just grab the groceries-
Tammy be quiet I think someone broke the nob."
"What?!!!" Tammy shouts back.
"Oh my goodness. They probably already know we are here." Melanie says slapping her forehead.
I start to wake up from the shouting outside.
I noticed that there was people outside.
I quickly rush over to Jacob.
"Jacob wake up please." I whisper trying to be quite.
I quickly grab a pillow and toss it at his face.
"What-
"Shhhhh someone is here." I say whispering to him.
He looks at me and looks at the the curtains.
"Come here now." Jacob says moving the curtains so we could go behind them.
We both hide behind them nervous.
"I'm scared." I say looking at Jacob.
He looks at me and keeps quite.
A bit of a older lady bursts into the house .
"Who's there?!" Melanie shouts.
"Who's what?! I'm here you idiot don't scare me like that!" Tammy shouts back at Melanie.
"Not you!" Melanie says. 
"Oh then who are you talking to?" Tammy says scratching her head.
"The curtains." Melanie whispers as she sees it shake a little.
"The curtains?!" Tammy shouts back.
"Run now." Jacob says popping out from the curtains and in front of Melanie.
"AHHHHH!!!!" Tammy screams dropping the groceries and running out of the house.
I peak out from the curtains as I hide behind Jacob.
"A fire boy and ice girl." She says shocked.
"Stay back now!" Jacob says as flames appear around him.
"Look I am no enemy." She says looking at me and him. "I do too have powers."
I look at Jacob confused as to what to do.
"We don't care we are leaving now. Just move!" Jacob says ready to throw flames at her.
"Wait Jacob they seems nice." I say to him.
"What!? No! They could be pretending! We aren't trusting them." Jacob says looking at me dead serious.
"Look this proves that I am no enemy. I did meet a fire and ice one just similar like you two. I gave them a pair of these." She pulls out a pair of light blue and red gloves from her pocket.
"And what's that supposed to prove? That you gave them gloves?" Jacob says sarcastically.
"They let you touch things without putting them on fire. Or turning things to ice. Their yours if you want them just calm down." She says dangling the pair of gloves in her hand.
"Jacob I want them." I say looking at him.
"Not happening let's go now." He says as the flames get a little bigger.
I put my hand over him and let the snow fall onto him.
"Ouch! What the heck!" He shouts annoyed and angry.
"I came to fight back!!!!" Tammy shouts coming in with a shot gun.
"Tammy give me that now!!" Melanie says snatching that out of her hand.
Jacob looks at me angrily and walks past them both.
"What's his problem?" Tammy says with her eyes wide.
I look at them both and rush past them to Jacob.
"Jacob stop it!" I say grabbing his arm for a second and letting go as his flames go back on.
"They could be one of them! Do you want to be locked in a cage again?!" He says angrily looking at me.
"No but where else will we go? They have something really cool too!" I beg hoping for him to change his mind.
"Im not staying Sophia either you come or you stay." He says sternly as he walks a little away.
"You promised we would stick together!" I say shouting at him.
He stops.
He doesn't say anything but walks again back into the forest.
I run towards Melanie cautiously.
"May I borrow them. I'll be back with them!" I say hoping she will let me.
"Here you go." She says slipping them into my hands.
"Thank you!" I say great fully and run back to Jacob.
"Jacob wait!!" I shout.
I run towards him and finally catch up to him.
I grab his arm and making him stop fast as he pulls his arm away from me.
"I could've burned you!" He turns around and shouts at me.
He then looks down and notices the gloves on my hands.
"They work! I didn't get burned!" I couldn't believe they worked I didn't have to use my powers I could be normal.
Jacob just stares at me not saying anything.
"Jacob just give them a shot okay? We have no where else to go." I hoped he'd stay this time because I didn't know what else to tell him for him to stay.
"Look if anything happens we leave I promise."
I show him my pinky waiting for him to put his in mine.
"Fine whatever." He says putting his pinky in between mine and walking back to the cottage.
"Aw! Admit your excited!!!" I say happily bumping his hip with mine.
He just smiles ignoring my question.
As we finally reach back to the cottage Melanie was there waiting for us.
"Decided to come back?" Melanie says bending down to both of us.
"We don't have anywhere else to go." Jacob says back to Melanie but not making eye contact with her. 
"Can he have a pair too?" I show her the gloves on my hand that she had given to me.
She reaches into her pocket carefully and grabs a pair of red gloves for Jacob.
Jacob looks over at her hands pretending not to care but actually he was pretty excited.
"Jacob give her your hands." He was extra stubborn to trust anyone but I guess he was just scared.
He rolls his eyes and sets his hands towards the lady.
She carefully sets the gloves on to his hands and suddenly the flames on his head went out too.
Jacob carefully admires the gloves curious as to why we could do this.
"What kind of magic is this?" I ask nervously.
"A special kind of magic. They call us witches." Melanie says happily smiling at us both.
I look at Jacob and I poke his hand.
"Be careful now even though his flames are out his body is still as hot as lava he could burn you badly." She then looks down at my arm noticing that I was already burnt.
"Alright you two let's get you both inside and let's take care of that wound you got there."
She carefully opens the door letting us both walk in.
And that was the beginning of our new life.
________________________________