Chapter 1 - ARRANGED MARRIAGE

"Off, you must get married to Gun. I am not asking you, but to inform you." Off's mom demanded.

"NO WAY! Why would I get married to him?" Off snapped.

"Stop being a child. This marriage can expand our business. Do you know Phunsawat's company is the strongest company? If we can collaborate with them, no other company will beat us. We can expand our market and earn more money. The company will be yours in a few years. All we do now are beneficial to your future. We want the best for you. Besides, your grandpa promised before he died. Therefore, no matter what, you must attend tonight's dinner. Go changed and get prepared now." Off's mom scolded him.

Off knew there is no way his mom will let him leave now, so he returned to his room and shut the door loudly. "Fuck. There is no way I will get married to him. If grandpa was still here, he will support me too. You thought I will obey you? I will reject it in front of everyone tonight. No one can force me married to someone I don't like." Off grumbled.

Although Off was unwilling to have dinner with Phunsawat's family, he still dressed up handsomely. Why not? He is still a fashion icon. In no way will he allow himself to look like a mess. He wore a black suit.

"Good

"Good. You look handsome. Let's go." His mother praised him. Their driver drove them to the most luxurious restaurant in this city. On their way, Off just put on the Air Pods and looked outside the window, ignoring his parents.

On the other hand,

"Gun, you have to marry Off." Gun's dad told Gun.

"I am sorry. But this is the promise of your grandpa before death. I did not spend much time with him before he died. I want to fulfill his wishes so that he may feel happy in heaven. Besides, our company will be stronger if you married to Off." His dad explained.

Gun did not respond.

"It is ok if you don't want to. Maybe you have a partner already. We can still refuse this marriage. The people alive are more important than the people who died. I won't force you." His dad continued, hiding his emotion.

But Gun still noticed his dad's disappointment, which he doesn't want him to feel.

"It's fine. I don't have a lover. I accept this arranged marriage." Gun answered softly. He knew his father meant it when he says they can cancel the marriage, but he doesn't want to disappoint his dad.

"We will meet their family tonight. Get ready." His dad hugged Gun tightly.

In the restaurant

"This must be Gun. You are so adorable and handsome. I always see you in the new article. I heard you started a charity for orphans. How sweet are you." Off's mom praised Gun.

"Thank you, ma'am," Gun spoke politely.

"Call me Mum. We will be a family soon." Off's mum told him. Off rolled his eyes on this statement while Gun answered quietly. "Ok."

"Let's eat first." Gun's dad suggested.

Off was sitting next to Gun. This is not the first time he saw Gun. However, he did not chat with Gun before. For him, Gun has a completely different life compared to him. Everyone thinks Gun is perfect and obedient while Off is rebellious. Gun is already helping his father in the company while Off is still running away from his responsibility and choose to be a model.

To conclude, they don't match.

Off looked at Gun, wondering whether Gun want this marriage or not. When Gun looked at his way, he averted his gaze immediately.

Everyone ate the dinner happily, of course, except Off. Off's dad and Gun's dad started discussing their business with Off's mom added a few comments in between. Off and Gun kept quiet. The only difference is Gun enjoyed the food himself while Off had no mood to eat anything. He just wanted this awkward dinner to end as soon as possible, which surely didn't.

After the dinner, Off's mom mentioned the arranged marriage.

"What style do you like for your wedding? Surely not something simple. We will make it as grand as possible. We should invite all our business partners so that you two can know more about them too. We can invite our potential clients and partners too." Off's mom asked.

"Anything is fine for me, ma'...mom. We can do as you want." Gun responded.

"Didn't I say clearly before? I WON'T get married to him. There is NO wedding you need to plan." Off stated firmly before he left.

"Sorry, Gun. He didn't mean that. I will deal with him later." Off's mom apologized.

"It's ok. I can understand." Gun smiled softly.

"Tay! Why are you not in your condo? I need to sleep at your home tonight! I escaped from my parents!" Off yelled at the phone, waiting in front of Tay's condo.

"What did you do this time? I am in Arm's bar. Just come here." Tay answered, feeling annoyed by Off's loud voice.

In the bar

"What happened, friend?" Arm asked.

"My parents tried to force me to get married to Gun." Off sighed, gulping down a cup of alcohol.

"Gun? Do you mean Gun Phunsawat? Isn't that great? At least Gun is cute. It's better to ask you to get married to an old man or woman." Tay laughed.

"Peng, marriage is for people IN LOVE. I didn't even talk to him for more than 10 sentences! We only exchange nods before. It's impossible for me to get married to him!" Off exclaimed seriously.

"Didn't expect you to be the romantic type. Then, get to know him now." Arm suggested while Tay was nodding his head.

"Hell no! We don't match! I am sure!" Off reacted defensively.

"Ok. Whatever makes you sleep at night. So, how long will you stay at my home?" Tay questioned.

"Until my parents stopped forcing me..." Off muttered.

"I won't let you sleep with me forever." Tay joked.

"Friend, you know that's impossible. Your parents won't stop the marriage. It is beneficial to their business. Besides, they will know you stay with us instantly. You don't really have many close friends." Arm reasoned.

"My feelings are important too! I don't care. I am hiding at your condo." Off decided.