Chapter 6 - CONFUSED

They somehow return to normal again after the previous event that happened a few days ago. They will talk to each other and hang out sometimes.

In the morning, Gun suddenly received a call from New.

"Gun! A client suddenly told us that the deadline will push up one week earlier. We have to renew the contract and prepared the proposal now." New said quickly on the call. "I will do it at home to save time. Don't worry." Gun assured New, hanging up the phone.

After the call, Off didn't really see Gun as Gun was almost locking himself in the office, except when he went to the toilet and when Off delivered lunch and dinner, which Gun only ate a little, to him.

It has been raining hard since the evening. However, the rain didn't seem to stop anytime. Instead, it was raining harder with thunder and lightning at night.

It's midnight already. Off still hadn't slept as he was a bit worried about the rain. He wondered if Gun closed the window in his office. He walked up to Gun's room, trying to check on Gun.

"Gun, I know you are busy, but I just want to remind you to close the window." Off spoke after he knocked on the door.

No response from the room.

"Is he fell asleep on the table again?" Off thought. "I am coming in." Off got in the room. However, he didn't see Gun sleeping. Instead, Gun was sobbing and shivering at the corner of the room, not knowing for how long already.

"Gun, what's wrong?" Off was concerned about Gun, not knowing what he should do with this situation.

"Just let me be alone," Gun whispered, almost inaudible. "No way I will leave you in this state. I will be quiet. You can talk to me if you want." Off walked to Gun's side and sat next to Gun. "I will lend my shoulder to you." Gun was still crying non-stop, but he leaned on Off's shoulder after a while.

The storm was weakened after probably an hour. Gun started to calm down a bit, still sobbing with occasional hiccups.

Maybe Off's presence is soothing for Gun. Maybe Off successfully comforted Gun. At this moment, Gun just wanted to break his wall and let his feelings all out. He started to tell Off his story.

"My father deeply loves my mother. Everyone agrees that. They met at high school and fell in love with each other at the first sight. How romantic is that! They are like the cliché couple in the movie -sweet and crazy. They got married once they graduated from college. They may have some little fights, but they would always make sure they will solve them that day. Everyone dreamed to find a love like them. Everything is perfect in their life until my mother died while giving birth to me." Gun whispered painfully. Off didn't say anything. He just quietly listened to Gun.

"My father started to drown himself with work in the first three years, isolating with everyone. He seldom went back home as everything recalled his memory with my mother. He spends time taking care of me after my grandpa scolded him. However, I still noticed that my father always spaced out when he was looking at me. Whenever it rains heavily, my father always hides in his room crying while looking at albums. I once got in the room, wanting to comfort my father." Gun started to tear up again. Off noticed so he put one hand on Gun's shoulder, giving comfort to Gun.

"He told me that it's my fault! If I didn't appear, they can still live happily and he snapped at me, pushing me out of the room. I was incredibly scared. I hid in the corner of my room, crying alone. After that, whenever I heard the sound of the storm, I can't stop myself hiding in the corner crying. Later, I learned from the old servant in my house, the day my mother died when she born me is also a rainy day. Therefore, my father is always in sorrow on rainy days. Although my father apologized to me sincerely and gave more love to me, I can't help to feel guilty to my father. That is all my fault. I took away my parents' happiness.", Gun sobbed melancholy. "All these years, I tried so hard to be a perfect son. I want to make up for my father. But whatever I do will never relieve the pain that was brought by my mother's death. It will be never enough."

Off was heartbroken at this scene. Gun was crying hopelessly.

"Gun, it's never your fault. No one can control this." Off hugged Gun tightly, trying to knock some sense to Gun.

Gun cried until he fell asleep in Off's hug.

After Off found Gun slept already, he carried Gun to their bed and put down Gun carefully.

Off understand why Gun don't against this marriage now. Gun doesn't want to disappoint his dad. Maybe Gun was trying to make him accept this marriage even he hates this arranged marriage too.

He was offended without knowing why but he found that he didn't oppose the idea of this arranged marriage anymore.

Staring at Gun's cute face, Off whispered. "What have you done to me?"

He caressed Gun's face. He didn't understand his own feelings.

The next day, Off found Arm and Tay in the bar. He asked them about his weird feelings.

"You are falling for Gun already." Arm and Tay told him simultaneously.

"No way! I can't fall in love with him." Off shouted frustratedly.

"Why not? I really don't understand you." Tay was confused.

"I don't accept this marriage." Off yelled. "Also, I don't love him." He added.

"Tay, he is in denial period." Arm chuckled.

"If you want to stop your feelings, I suggest you find something that you hate about him." Tay gave advice.

"Finding flaws in a perfect person like Gun? Is that possible?" Off wondered.

"Wait! I said I don't love him." Off was panicked.

"Tay didn't say you love him. He meant your weird feeling." Arm laughed, sharing the same thought with Tay.

Off is definitely in love with Gun already.