survivior [ thomas - friends]

a/n:

oml I've been so inactive lolz sorry ALSO I'm just now realizing but tysm for over 4K reads on this <3 this chapter is an imagine i wrote a long time ago so I apologize if it sucks lol xx

okay so about the actual imagine, the events that happen are pushed back by a month, so Thomas comes but there is an extra month in between until Teresa comes so they are still in the glade. (did that make sense)

third person

Y/n sat in the maze, yet another day without rescue.

It had been a month since she was left there for dead and she knew that her end would have to come some way; maybe a griever would kill her, or maybe she'd die of hunger or because there was no water.

A month ago, she had gone to run the maze with Minho and Thomas but from their point of view, she'd disappeared and most likely died.

They hadn't looked for her.
Did they not care?

Y/n sat in the maze, stuck in the hiding spot she'd been in for a whole month.
Sure, she could have walked around and looked for someone who was running the maze but she was to weak to even move.

One day, as Y/n was only opening her eyes, she heard footsteps echoing off the maze's walls. She knew that whoever this was, they were close and she decided to take the chance, getting out of her spot.

She looked down at her body; she was so skinny her bones almost showed, her mildly clean clothes were now covered in dirt and as she reached for her hair she felt a mess on the top of her head. Her hair was now so oily it felt wet and she probably wouldn't be surprised if it looked like a bird nest.

She was weak, but she pushed herself to walk because she knew that if she did this, and if she found someone to help her, she'd get better.

Her walk was slow because of the pain she felt throughout her body and the weeks with no food or water didn't help either so unsurprisingly, the runner saw her before she did.

She recognized him as the greenie of the month from when she got trapped in the maze, Thomas.

Normally, greenies don't run the maze but this boy was stubborn, and he had actually gotten them their first chance in getting out.

As soon as the boy caught the sight of Y/n, he immediately ran over to her, and it took the sound of his boots tapping against the hard floor for her to realize he was doing so.

He picked her up, her arm going around his neck. He knew they'd have to cut their maze running short today as their friend who was thought to be dead was now found alive, weaker then ever.

He ran to find Minho who immediately widened his eyes in shock as he saw who Thomas was holding in his arms.

"How the hell is she alive" he said running closer to them.

"I don't know, we hardly survived a night how did she survive for more then a month?!" He said as he started walking at a quick pace towards the exit of the maze.

Minho followed, not far behind.

As they ran out Alby first recognized them and ran over immediately after calling a med-jack since he saw the body of a girl in Thomas's arms.

As the med-jacks also ran over, the two boys and the girl caught quite the audience and almost all people in the glade were now circled around them in shock.

The med-jacks carried her to a more private place so they could take care of her and Newt, Minho and Thomas followed behind. The three of them being closest to Y/n, they were the only people allowed, along with Alby who was basically the boss around the glade.

"I'm going to have to rip away a part of your shirt" a med-jack who Y/n couldn't recognize due to her blurry vision said.

She nodded in response before the med-jack cut away the bottom part of her shirt, only revealing her stomach where a big, red, most likely infected wound was found.

After a while, they had finished cleaning her up and she'd been given an extra shirt by Newt.

She was currently sitting on a hammock, resting with only Newt next to her since Thomas and Minho had gone back to the maze.

"You are one strong girl" Newt said as Y/n was half asleep resulting in her hearing him.

"Thanks Newtie" she replied back.

"How did you manage to survive a whole month? People can't even last a day" he asked.

"To be honest the second the guys left me behind I found somewhere to hide and I stayed there ever since. I heard someone near me and that was the first time I ever came out."

"Damn." Newt said before adding "now get some rest darling"

She nodded in response and laid back her head, shutting her eyes.

She awoke when she felt another presence next to her and opened her eyes to see Thomas.

He sat down next to her holding her hand and asked "how are you doing?"

"Not too bad, I mean if I were in the maze I'd be worse right?"

"Yeah"

There was a pause and a moment of silence before Thomas interrupted.

"I'm sorry we left you"

"It's okay, Thomas really. If you had gone to save me you would have been stuck in the maze too and I- I wouldn't want that for you, not again anyway."

"No but- we should have come for you, I mean look at you, you have a horrible wound on your stomach and you're basically only bone. Hell even your lips still look blue."

"Thomas look at me, hey. Please just don't blame yourself for this, okay? I did it, I survived and I'm here, the only thing that matters now is what comes next" y/n said in a soft tone, looking Thomas in the eyes.

That night, though the hammock wasn't the biggest, Thomas got in next to her and they spent it cuddled up next to each other.

Y/n had gone through hell, but she was lucky to have her friends by her side through her recovery process.

word count: 1085

Idk was this cheesy