it's not your fault [ stiles stilinski - sad ]

Y/n Y/l/n sat on her bed, late at night studying physics as her phone rang.

"y/n?" Stiles Stilinski said at the other end of the line.

"hey, stiles what's up?"

"I uh- the jeep it broke down can you, pick me up?" He sounded as if he was crying.

"Yeah of course where are you?" She asked, starting to worry as she pulled a jacket over her shoulders and grabbed her shoes from her closet.

He gave him her location and she headed out the house in a hurry, taking her car keys and driving to the place Stiles told her to come.

When she did, she found him drenched because of the pouring rain, sitting beside his broken down jeep.

"Stiles oh my god, what are you doing get in" she said holding her hand out to pick him up.

He held her hand, pushing himself off the floor as he got in the car and watched as Y/n called a tow truck.

After a minute or two, she went into the drivers seat, shutting the door informing Stiles the tow truck would be here in a bit.

When it arrived, she turned on the engine driving away. The silence was indeed deafening.

"Stiles" she finally said, not being able to resist the urge to find out what the hell had happened.

"Me and Scott had a fight" he replied without waiting for her to ask the question he knew she had in mind.

"I'm so sorry. But if I know one thing about Scott and you, it's that you've been through thick and thin together, nothing can tear you apart at this point, not even death." She said, holding his hand, running her thumb over his knuckles.

He said nothing and until they got home, silence once again filled the car.

"This isn't my house" he finally said when he became aware of the spot she had pulled over.

"I know, my dad isn't home anyway" she said, unlocking the door of her house.

Y/n closed the door behind her and they went up the steps reaching her room.

"You, shower, now" she said pushing him in.

"I don't have any—" he started, trying to say he didn't have any other clothes.

"And I have a brother who conveniently has a whole wardrobe here even though he moved out, now go!" She said, pushing him into her bathroom.

"I have fresh towels on the shelfff" she shouted as she left the room.

Y/n went into her brothers room, taking a pear of boxers, socks, sweats and a shirt.

She placed it on her bed and went out of the room so she wouldn't end up catching him but naked.

When she heard the water stop, she waited a couple minutes before knocking on the door.

"You can come in, Y/n" said a sad voice from the other side.

Y/n stepped in the room to find Stiles sitting on the edge of the bed, his head low.

She quickened her pace towards him and pulled him into a comforting hug, rubbing his back.

She finally pulled away and said "do you want to talk about it?"

"Yeah."

She fully went up on the bed, patting the spot next to her, signaling for him to sit.

"I killed him, Y/n" he said.

"Scott?"

"No..." he let out a quiet chuckle.

"Who?"

"Donnovan"

"Do you want to tell me how it happened?" She said as she took his hand.

"He threatened me and my dad. He threatened you, Y/n"

"Oh stiles..." she said letting go of his hand and hugging him as she saw tears forming in his eyes.

"I tried to escape but—but he was too strong and when I saw it, when I pulled the pin out the pole it just—it went through and I—"

"Hey, look at me" She held up his chin.

"It not your fault, it was self defense okay? I would have done the same thing, Scott would have done the same thing"

"He wouldn't though, he'd find a way"

"He has never been in a situation like this, he's a fucking true alpha he's never been in a situation in which he couldn't defend himself."

"He thinks I smashed his head in"

"How could he—" she started but was cut off.

"I have a pretty good guess" he said talking about the snarky devil himself. Theo Raeken.

"That son of a bitch" she knew exactly who he meant.

At that moment, his phone rang and his fathers voice was revealed.

"Hey Stiles, you comin' home?" He asked.

"You're welcome to stay here if you want" y/n whispered.

"I uh— I think I'll stay over at Y/n's today"

"Alright that's fine, tell her thanks for me okay"
The sherif said in approval.

"Sure dad, good night" he said before hanging up.

"Well then I guess I'll go change and then we can watch a movie, okay?"

"Sure I'll head out"

"Oh no I can change in the bathroom" she said grabbing her pajamas from her closet.

A few minutes later she was out with plaid pajama pants and a black top with her hair pulled back.

She pushed her physics stuff off her bed and got under the covers, reaching for the remote.

Stiles got in next to her after a bit and she laid her head on his shoulder, wrapping an arm around his waist as she browsed netflix for films.

"Up for a Harry Potter marathon?" She asked and Stiles nodded immediately, a small smile appearing on his face.

First it was The Sorcerer's Stone, then Chamber of Secrets, then Prisoner of Azkaban but throughout the fourth movie, Stiles realized Y/n had started falling asleep.

He moved off the bed, trying not to wake the girl up and as he reached the door of the room a tired but demanding voice behind him said "get your ass back here now Stilinski."

He chuckled, getting back in bed in the same position they were in when they started watching the films and they fell asleep, turning the television off.

word count: 1036