you're too supportive [ dylan- sad¿ ]

Y/n Y/l/n sat on the couch in the house she and her boyfriend Dylan shared, watching re-runs of Glee. This was the day he'd come back from filming a new movie after being away from her for 6 months straight. She'd visit him at weekends of course but it still wasn't enough. He wanted to kiss her, hold her, hug her, and the fact that the time spent together had to be limited made him extremely sad. Y/n was like his other half, what kept him together, from falling apart.

The girl took a sip of the water in her hands, her eyes glued at the television when she heard the sound of keys jiggling nearby, knowing exactly who it was.

The door slid open and Y/n immediately ran over to Dylan, hugging him tightly but soon enough realizing, he wasn't hugging her back.

She let go of him to see a melancholy look on his face. His eyes were puffed and he looked as tired as ever. "Oh my god baby are you okay? What happened?" She took his bags placing them on the floor and closing the door before leading him on the couch.

"I need to tell you something" he muttered silently. Had he been cheating on her? Was that the case? No...no...right? He'd never cheat on Y/n, he loved her.

"I got an other offer for a role" he looked down, afraid to look the girl in the eyes.

"Than why are you all sad all of a sudden that's great news Dyl!!!" She exclaimed, hugging him once again.

"Damn it HOW? Though,, HOW is it amazing?" He raised his voice, causing Y/n to slightly flinch.

"I-I don't get it isn't that good for you career?" She said, curiously. She didn't understand why he was so bothered by this.

"The filming is going to go on for minimum one year, Y/n"

"That's not a problem is it? I mean I have school on weekdays but I can come visit you on weekends like always!"

"It's filming in Spain" he said looking down once again.

"Oh..." she started. Whenever Dylan had gone to film, it'd only be in an other state, making it easier to visit but now, Spain? Going there would take much more than a simple week end.

"it's not like we haven't been apart for long before anyway, we could you know? Face time, talk everyday—"

"You know damn well neither of us have the time, Y/n"

"Dyl if this is a good opportunity for you and your career, I can't take that away from you so please, do what you want, don't think about me." She replied.

"That's the problem! You're so selfless, so supportive but do you know how many sleepless nights I've had filming just because I could hold you while we both fell asleep! I spent every second in every day thinking about you and it's like you don't even care about seeing me anymore!" He exclaimed, regretting his words immediately.

"I don't- I don't care?! All I do is care! All I ever want is for you to have an amazing life, be successful and I put you first, always!"

"So you'd sacrifice our relationship too, is that what it is?!"

"No!!! Of course not I love you with every cell in my body but I don't want to stand in the way and prevent you from doing something you love!!!"

"Well then maybe we shouldn't even be together if you see yourself nothing more than a burden!"

"Maybe we shouldn't!" She yelled back charging upstairs into the room they both shared, past tense. She grabbed a duffel bag from the closet and shoved some clothes in it, as well as her charger and keys as Dylan stood downstairs, too pissed off to do anything but snapped out of his trans when Y/n came back downstairs.

"W-what the hell are you doing?" He asked as she walked over to the couch and grabbed her phone.

"I thought it way obvious" she snapped back before walking towards the door but couldn't exit the house as Dylan grabbed her by the arm.

"Let go." She said in a sharp tone, trying to pull her hand away.

"No—please we can work this out don't- dont leave—"

"Dylan, let go" she said, she used his full name, for the first time in a while, she didn't say baby, or dyl, she said Dylan, and the boy took this as a sign to let go of Y/n, letting her walk out.

—•—

A year and a half. That's how long it had been since they'd seen each other. Y/n was a wreck, Dylan was even more of a wreck but he actually had to hold it all together while he was filming.

He'd finished his movie by now, the one that caused the fight and he came back to an empty house strained of the perfume smell caused by Y/n.

He felt completely lost without her, as if a part of his soul had been ripped out.

His days were now full of watching the Mets, eating, drinking, smoking or bawling his eyes out, most of them being unhealthy habits.

You see before they broke up, the couple had been dating for a long time, and they had made quite a lot of memories and one year, for Dylan's birthday, Y/n made a scrapbook containing all these wonderful memories they had.

Dylan opened the book flipping through the pages reading every word, examining every picture and he couldn't help but think of how damn much he loved and missed her. He couldn't believe his career had gotten in the way of him being with the love of his life.

At that point, he had enough. He couldn't stand to be without Y/n for one more hour or he was pretty sure he'd implode, so he got up, took a shower, shaved, made himself look like what society saw to be "presentable" and walked out of his house. Why hadn't he done anything before? Even the heart broken boy didn't have an answer for that but in his point of view, what mattered was that he was doing something now.

Since they'd been sharing a house, Y/n had pulled out of the rent for hers, probably moving to her parents house. Now there was no way of knowing whether she was still there of if she'd gotten a new house during the time that passed, but it was worth a try.

He stepped out of his car, locking it behind and walking over to the front porch of the house.

He raised his fist, knocking and a tall man he recognized as Y/n's dad was revealed.

Dylan started, "I know it's late but—" he was right, it was late. His heart shattered as he watched the door get shut in front of his face abruptly and he turned on his heal, starting to walk back but he knew, he had missed her too much to let her go.

"Dylan?" A voice called back and the boy's eyes lit up to the sound of a female voice.

Of course he expected Y/n but instead, her mom was standing in the door way, her angry father protesting for her to close the door in the back.

"Mrs. Y/l/n, hi" he said walking over to the door again.

"What are you doing here?" She asked softly.

"I-I came to apologize—I know it's not much I just, it was a stupid fight and it wasn't worth ruining our relationship over—"

"I thought you'd never come, here come inside" she said, cutting him off.

Y/n's father continued protesting in the back but the woman put her pointer finger over her lips, telling him to be quiet.

"She's in her room" she told Dylan, sending Mr. Y/l/n a glare.

Posting part two soonnnnn <3