ℭ𝔥𝔞𝔭𝔱𝔢𝔯 24

Lina's POV

I woke up with sweat on my forehead and my eyes glistened with tears that were yet to come out. I had another nightmare yet this one I couldn't remember. Pansy was always the best one to calm me down when it came to my nightmares so without her I would have to learn to deal with them myself.

The sun was barely rising and I decided to get ready early. I took a shower and changed into a nice outfit, trying to avoid any arguments with Theo today I wore something simple.

I went downstairs after I was finished changing to find everyone already awake and in the kitchen except Theo.

"Ah look who finally decided to come down" Maurice said. "Good morning everyone" I said and smiled to them all, receiving a greeting back.

"Where's Theo?" I asked them "He usually doesn't come down till later" Lisette said

"Is that your owl Lina?" Adelie asked as a black owl flew to the door and dropped off an envelope sealed with Theodores initials. I opened the envelope and started to read as the others waited for me to finish.

You have been invited to attend the Winter Ball hosted by none other than Theodore Nott.
It will take place on December 23rd 7:00pm
Each guest invited are welcome to bring others as well under the age of 20.
Everyone must be dressed formally to enter.
It'll be a night to remember

"What is that Lina?" Celeste asked moving closer to me "An invitation to my friends ball he's hosting.... would you all like to come?" I asked with a smirk. "Of course we would!" Maurice said as all the girls turned to him.

"Oh come on we haven't gotten out of this house since we got here let's go!" He said "I agree with Maurice I think it'll be fun" Celeste said as Maurice winked at her causing her cheeks to turn a soft pink although I'm the only one who saw.

"If my sister is going then I will go as well, Lisette would you be my date?" Adelie asked Lisette while she looked at her wide eyed. "Oh yeah you don't know so to catch you up my sister is gay and she kind of has a thing for Lisette and she's gay too but they get all nervous with each other" Celeste whispered in my ear to not interrupt as I smiled "That's sweet and you go more for Maurice am I right?." Her cheeks flushed as I mentioned him "It's okay, I see the way he looks at you, I think he likes you too" I said.

"You really think so?" Celeste asked "I really do I bet he's going to ask you to go to the ball with him as well" her smile grew gradually "I hope so" she whispered again as we both turned our attention back to Lisette and Adelie.

"Um yes I'd love to actually" Lisette said as she smiled from ear to ear. Adelie looked relieved to hear her actually say yes.

"Splendid we're all going then we just need dresses! It's only a few days away so we need to go shopping at once!" Celeste beamed.

"What's going on?" Theo asked as he walked down the stairs and all four of their faces changed back into a serious one. "Theo invited me to a ball and I asked them if they would like to join me" I stated.

"No, we don't have time for that there's much work to do" he said "Oh come on Theo they've been here for months on your command let them have one day" I pleaded which seemed to have caught his attention.

"You must be really desperate for you to beg" he chuckled. I hated him seeing me in that sense, that was the last thing I wanted. "Please Theo" I said once more. The four were waiting on his response hoping he would agree.