ℭ𝔥𝔞𝔭𝔱𝔢𝔯 57

𝑳𝒊𝒏𝒂

A family was formed once we were all brought together but now that Maurice was dead each one of us had a piece of us dead too.

I hadn't heard pleads from Lisette since the day I met her and I definitely hadn't seen Celeste as angry as she was at herself, blaming her late reaction to the Death Eater attempting to kill Maurice to be her fault.

Adelie tried to be a shoulder to Celeste and push past her own tears, but even in the comfort of her own sister Celeste felt deeply alone.

McGonagall found out about the damage that was made to The Astronomy Tower and with Maurice's dead body in the hands of Lisette and Celeste she showed sympathy for all of us after an explanation for everything and decided it would be best we all leave school and come back for the funeral that would be held for Maurice.

Theo told Professor McGonagall that his mother was alive and the plan she had to take over the wizarding world, leaving out the part of Voldemort's magic being trapped in the remaining horcruxes. She took action quickly, telling the remaining of The Order and the golden trio, putting barriers around the entire school. If anyone were to get inside or out she would know.

She even sent Draco home not being able to trust he would find a way to bring his aunt into the grounds of her beloved school. I respected McGonagall immensely but her heart would always go against Slytherins no matter their own plead for help.

Theo kept us all in the mansion he owned, the first night going back was indeed the worst for all of us with anger bubbling inside and tears to fill a storm.

The revenge we all craved was deadly and Theo held me with fear of losing me just like Celeste had lost the one she loved.

"Are we just going to go back to the stupid mansion? We need to send them a message back Riddle I want to kill whoever was responsible for his death" she wiped her tears and stood in front of Theo with Adelie struggling to hold her back away from Theo.

"Your revenge will come soon enough Lisette" he emphasized.

"I want to kill someone now I don't have the patience to wait, let me hunt them down and I'll find them just let me hunt them down... please" she stuttered with her lip starting to tremble immensely. None of us have ever seen Lisette so vulnerable so.. broken.

"Get some rest and we'll talk about this tomorrow" he demanded.

"You think I can wait till tomorrow? I want to do this now for fucks sake Maurice just died!"

It was truly shattering to see Lisette like this, we all felt a pang in our chest once she gave us the reality once again that Maurice wouldn't be coming back. They found each other, they were family, we were family.

A broken family always seemed to shatter even if we wanted so desperately to be glued back together.

"He wouldn't want you to put yourself in more danger for him Lisette" Celeste spoke softly.

Lisette scoffed "He put himself in danger standing in front of you! He still would've been here if he hadn't thought about saving you!" Celeste looked at her wide eyed and sobbed in guilt.