chapter 1

The wind was cold. It was the last day of the term. The season was lit. Everyone was enjoying the time, while all the 7th years were having the time of their lives, rejoicing with their friends as they would never be able to enjoy the precious school days anymore, Regulus Arcturus Black sat in his dorm in a pensive mood.

It wasn't the thought of leaving school, it was his brother, Sirius Black, whom he had loved the most in his family. But Sirius had gone, gone away from him, gone from home. And Regulus was constantly reminded by his pure-blood family that he was the king of their hearts and a better son, while his older brother was a disgrace to their Slytherin pure-blood family.

He got up and left the Slytherin common room and walked to the only person he had feelings left for.

And there she was, Y/n, a beautiful Gryffindor.

He walked up to her. She was with her friends. He patted her gently on her arm. 'Y/n'. He spoke in a soft voice.

She turned back. 'Reg?'. Regulus blinked. Her beauty was mesmerizing. She walked him to the side. He could always rely on her. She accepted him even between the Gryffindor-Slytherin conflict.

'What's wrong, Reg?' she breathed. 'You can enjoy today. Tomorrow we'll be off to- I don't even know. It's the last day.' 'I know' Regulus said. 'I don't know what I'm doing, Y/n, you'll come to visit, won't you?' he asked hopefully. For the first time, in all these years, she wasn't able to give a reassuring expression. 'I'll try' she looked into Regulus's eyes, held his hand, and placed a fire-whiskey in it. 'You ought to enjoy. We don't where our futures gonna lead us, Reg.'

And so he drank his fire-whiskey. It gave a burning sensation.

He had loved Sirius more than anyone in his family, but he was now alone and, he decided, or was provoked to join the Dark Lord. His sister, Bellatrix had told him and that he had to follow if he were to stay alive. Regulus found the Dark Lord's powers fascinating too.

Now, he was boarding the train, he took a compartment alone with Y/n. 'Flavoured beans?' she offered. 'No, thanks.' He had never felt this way before. He was quite indecisive about how he felt. he wanted to tell Y/n but- didn't want to worry her. She was the best witch he knew, most talented he knew. She had been after the Auror's job for years and himself- a Death Eater? But wasn't it good? He didn't know.

Y/n broke the silence. 'If you don't tell me now, maybe you never will, and I can help.' He looked at her. She would definitely understand, but, it wasn't right. He smiled, for real, this time. 'A game of Exploding Snap?' he asked, smiling. 'Sure.'

Time passed by. The train had now stopped. They grabbed their things and while everyone was rushing, Regulus held Y/n's hand. She looked back. 'This is it.' he sighed. 'Probably' she said. He glared at her brown eyes and then pulled her into his arms. After a while, she looked up. Regulus seemed to be looking at her all the while. He brought his face forward to hers.

And kissed her. After gaining consciousness, she kissed him on the forehead, took his arm, and said. 'Let's go' He nodded. 'Together' he said.

His school years were now over, and as he had attained the age, he could perform magic, now, whenever he wanted. And being an exceptionally talented wizard he was, he was given the honor, as the Dark Lord said, to be a Death Eater.

TheDark Lord, or now his new master's, ability for magic was great. He was capable of great things, theDark Lord and his fellowDeath-eaters.