chapter 7

"TIME TURNER!" y/n and remus yelled.

Sirius suddenly beamed. James frowned.

"But if we send him back..." James started.

"It's hard, we'll have to send him back a long  time back, he's done much shit in the past few years."

"Wrap it up before he's back" Sirius now annoyed. Sirius sent Regulus outside to get some beer and food.

"This is not the Sirius Black I know" Remus stared at Sirius. Sirius was very tensed these days, thoughtful and observed each and everything. It was obvious James missed the goofy and playful Sirius.

Sirius stiffened and rolled his eyes. "I'm responsible for all of this." and then he suddenly let loose of his whole body as if throwing off cement off his shoulders. "I left him when he needed me." He wasn't crying, and he wasn't angry. It was worse. He was disappointed  not in anyone but himself. His expression was heart-breaking. All of our guilty faces stared at his. None of us had ever seen Sirius like this. Infact, we never met this side of the "older responsible brother, Sirius", we only knew "Padfoot, the prankster". A tear fell from Remus' eyes. "Pads- please- don't..."

Sirius was frustrated. "Yeah right" he said.

Just then, Regulus entered. He saw the tension and stopped. "Nothing on the way. I brought food and beer" he said trying to break the silence. "Good. Now take some for yourself ang go to sleep. Tomorrow's the day."

Regulus didn't question and muttered a small 'okay' before going in.

Remus was staring at me, trying to say something with his eyes. I didn't get it. After a lot of trying, he came up to me and whispered quietly in my ear "Read his thoughts, you idiot!" "Oh. Right!" I whispered back.

I tried reading his mind. Surprisingly, I wasn't able to. Was I losing my powers? NO! PLEASE! What is wrong with me?! "I've been preventing" Sirius suddenly stared at me. "What?" "You can't read my mind, I've learnt how to prevent them" I stared at him blankly "Oh." GODDAMNIT!

"We can go to Lily's tomorrow" James said. "She wanted to help. She has made a protective charm, no worries. And we just have to be there for a few hours" 

"okay" Remus said.