chapter 3

'I don't how to say this.' I didn't know what to say. 'Show me your hand, Reg.' Y/n stared straight at me. Could she read my mind? I panicked. How did she know? Did Aurors learn Legilimency? My heart was beating so fast, I thought I'd explode.

I stretched out my right arm. She sighed. 'You know what I mean, Mr. Black' she said coldly. My heart skipped a beat. After what seemed like hours of my procrastination, she pulled my left arm towards herself. 'NO!' I shouted, I didn't want her to know. But isn't that the reason I came here-

She ignored my protests and pulled the sleeve. And there it was. The Mark. The Dark Mark. The symbol of being a Death Eater. I had never been more guilty in my life, now that she knew. And then I realized- She's an Auror! Auror's have been given the recent duty of capturing Death Eaters, harming, damaging, or even killing! Why didn't I think of any of this beforehand? DAMN IT! 

She didn't say anything. I looked up at her. She looked at me with the deepest hatred. I wanted to cry. I wanted to tell her. But I couldn't. I couldn't even speak.

She got up. 'Get out of my house' she said. Her voice was so cold. It had never been so. I broke down. A tear escaped my eye. I wasn't able to walk, it was guilt. 'Out, I said'

I got up and walked towards the door. I opened the door. 'I love you, I always have' I said, soft, but I knew she heard it. And I got out and closed the door. I wanted to run. Run away from everything and- and- Die.

Andromeda, Sirius, and now- Y/n? What is wrong with me? I ran, not knowing where I was going. I stopped at a corner. It looked like an old battered shop, unused for years. I cried, I cried my heart out. It was all coming out. I screamed, I wanted it to get out now. The pain I felt.

To have loved and lost. I wasn't under control.

A few moments passed, an hour had passed, I was on the floor. I finally gathered the courage to stand up. I wasn't weak. I was just- Strong. For too long.

I made up my mind. This wasn't right. Torturing muggles? Killing muggle-borns? That doesn't show my bravery. The Dark Lord didn't even know Love. What it was like to love, and lose. 

That's it! If not possible, I'll face him myself. I'll finish him. I'll finish the one that showed me the dreams that could never come true. I'll track him down! 

I won't let evil faith blind me. The feelings came to life in me again. This feeling was Courage. The courage that came from Pain.