chapter 4

(Regulus' pov)

We, the death eater's, which I was not that happy being, had gathered. For, The Dark Lord wanted to talk to us. I sat there, looking down. How much had I lost! Sirius, Andromeda, and...y/n...

A voice came, everything felt cold, everyone's blabbering fell silent. The voice seemed to have stopped... behind me. I went numb. No, I don't want to die, not so fast. But did I even have a reason left to live? 

'So' the dark lord's voice started. I could see Bellatrix's eyes filled with glee. 'Regulus...Black...' 

I blinked, my heart racing fast. 'He's my brother...' Bellatrix gleefully started. 'Lord...' she bit her lip, and looked down.

He breathed, yet again, and sat on, what he considered, his throne. 'Now some of us haven't been doing their jobs very well'. Everyone looked guilty. 'Don't you think?'... 'Regulus?'...

My heart raced, my fist moved uncomfortably, I had no words. It was true...  I wasn't doing his job... But what job? Killing people to have fun? If I didn't do it, he'd kill me. If I tried to escape, he'd kill me. I was going to die anyway, what was the point of talking now?

I felt the Dark Lord staring at me. I closed my eyes, remembering all the precious moments i've had with the people I loved, till I could remember .

I opened my eyes. And in one second, too many things happened. There was a loud BANG, everyone was running, bellatrix was screaming and the moment, I knew I was being dragged by a few people. And then, with a weird sensation, we disapparated.

I panted. Is this how it feels to be dead ? I opened my eyes...I was...alive? The people opened their masks. NO WAY!

The next thing I knew I had thrown myself all over Sirius and was crying my eyes out. 'You're safe now' he whispered in my ear. I didn't want to go. I wanted him. I needed him. My brother...

I looked around, after gaining conscience, there were James Potter, Remus Lupin and... y/n?

'Merlin's pants!' I literally half-yelled. I stared at her, my mouth was open. She smiled 'Thank me later'.

I couldn't believe reality. 'It was her idea, little bro, if not for her, you'd probably be dead by now' Sirius said, sipping Fire-Whiskey.

Wait. What place IS this? I couldn't recognize it. 

'This is the only place we could find, Regulus.' Remus Lupin said. It looked shabby, old and covered in dust. 

I was dumbfounded. 'Anywho, Fire-Whiskey?' I heard a nasty voice. 'No' I said glaring at him. James Potter, the guy who stole my brother from me, I'd take drinks from him? Hell, Nah.

'Brush it off' y/n rolled her eyes, taking a drink herself, and drinking it.

James forced the drink to my hands and gestured me to drink. 

'Regulus? I know... you're confused...and...' Remus spoke very softly.

'No, you don't' I looked at my drink. I wasn't ready for this. Not right now...

'Yes, yes of course. I don't know. But... um... I think you should... talk... we can help... that's why we're here' he said. I know he didn't want to sound sympathetic.

I nodded.

'I don't wanna be a Death Eater. That's all I have to say... If you guys can help... I'd...be thankful...' I said quickly, not wanting to analyze what I had just said.

To my shock, no one was surprised. Although, it felt SO good to let it out. I let out a silent breath.

'Cheers to that' y/n raised two glasses, gave one to me, and we *clink*.

WOW, I should've done that way earlier. 

'Wait, so... you guys...aren't...mad at me?'

'why would we? I know it wasn't your first choice on being an idiot 'Black'' Sirius said. Y/n fake-frowned, gesturing she was sorry.

I smiled, after a really long time, honestly.

'So, what's the plan?'

'That. You leave to y/n.'

Ah. Feels so good to be here, shabby, old, with...sirius and y/n...

It feels weird to be happy again.