chapter 2

[The story from now on is from our main character, Regulus Black's view]

My family, all of the Black Family, except for my brother (Sirius black), were Death Eaters by now. I was given the honour by being given the Dark Mark as a symbol of being my Lord's faithful Death Eater.

It was all very fascinating to me, such great power, such great magic, and of course, muggles are filthy. Even sister Bellatrix says so. 'Magic is Might'.

My brother, Sirius, always told me that I was too innocent to join my family. But I want the world to know what I am capable of, besides, I need to save myself too. 

'Killing muggles, oh, what fun! The power I feel! The Dark Lord! Oh, so great!' sister Bellatrix would say. Andromeda, my other sister, was, as I felt, in the same situation as me. She was so just like me. But hadn't I chosen this for myself?

It was a few days later when Andromeda entered my room. 'Yes?' I asked, at her sudden appearance. She looked me in the eye. 'Is this right?' tears were filling her eyes now. I was struck. I got up. I took a deep breath. 'I don't know. Mother wants us-' I was cut off. 'I've spent too much time thinking what my family would think of me.' she tried her best to not break off. Her voice stumbled. 'Time you realized too, Reg. You're just a boy.' 'BUT I-' I shouted. But I didn't know what to say. Maybe Sirius was right but mother hated him. I looked at her, breathed, and continued my work. I didn't want to think about it.

I couldn't believe it. It was just the next day, all this happened when- 'FILTHY BLOOD TRAITOR! DISGRACE TO OUR NOBLE FAMILY! RUNNING AWAY WITH A MUDBLOOD! MAY SHE DIE IN HELL' I heard my mother's shouts. I understood what had happened.

Sirius, then, Andromeda. Who was next? They were removed from the family tree by my mother. Maybe I should- No. I was safe here. Or was I?

Years had passed already, and now if I left too- what would happen to my family?. My brain is so indecisive! Then something struck me- Y/n! I didn't know if she knew about me being his follower. She wouldn't know either. No one knows about the real face of the Death eaters. She wouldn't come to my house after Sirius left so I decided I'd go to her. Would she still like me? She's an Auror now.

I went to her house after dinner the next day. I knocked on her door and there she was. Nothing of her had changed. She was still just as beautiful, but tired. She looked at me. 'Regulus?' I smiled. 'In you get, then'. Now that I had come, was I really going to tell her? And if not, what was I going to do?

She gave me a bottle of butterbeer. 'Long time no see' she said, drinking from her own bottle. 'Yeah' I said and took a sip. 'So, Auror now?' I asked. She grinned broadly, she looked so very mature now. 'Yeah! And how're you doing?' she asked. 'I'm-' Was I going to tell her? 'I'm fine.' Not so fast. 'Good' she said. 

After finishing our bottles, I said, 'Any- you know- Man? In your life?' I asked her. I had always loved her and dreamed of being her man. She smiled. 'No'. I was relieved. I let out a deep breath. She chuckled. 

'I needed to tell you something.' I made up my mind. 'Always the same old.' she was not smiling anymore. Did she know?