four

Monroe did a few twirls in her skirt. She had just bought it so she was really excited about getting to wear it.

We were getting ready to go to a party.  I wasn't sure whose house it was at but I was sure that it was one of the popular kids, so everyone was going to be there.

Sadie and I were just wearing jeans and a t-shirt.  Our styles were all different, I don't know how we managed to become friends.  Monroe was very feminine and wore dresses and skirts often.  Sadie never cared for choosing a style and mostly shops at thrift stores because it's cheaper.  I, however, cared just as much about how I'm dressed as Monroe.    Though our styles were complete opposites.  I kind of went for more masculine clothes paired with a more feminine kind of makeup.

After we're all ready, we leave Monroe's house and she decided to drive. In only a few minutes, we got to the house. Immediately, we recognized the house as Hunter Chen's.

"Should we just go to the park? I feel like we don't really match the vibes here," Sadie suggested as she leaned in between the front seats.

"No, how else are we gonna get in with all the cool kids. Eventually, we'll need them for like alcohol or something," Monroe declined her suggestion.

She parked the car as close as she could, which wasn't close at all.   When she parked the car, we started our walk down the street to the house.

Within a few minutes, we had finally made it.  You couldn't tell just by driving by that a party was going on here, but based on the cars, one could infer.  

The front door has a small sticky note just below the peephole that read 'no need to knock.  come on in'

Following its instructions, Monroe opened the door to see a small crowd of people.

"There's like three people here.  Why are there so many cars?" Sadie asked, confused.

"Everyone's downstairs," a long-haired boy chuckled, "follow me."

Monroe smirked at us before making us follow the boy.   He walked through the house before walking through an open door with stairs leading down.  This part of the house was louder than the rest. 

"This is the party, ladies," the boy ran his hand through his hair.

"Hey, where are the drinks?" Monroe asked as she grabbed his arm, signaling him to take her to them.

Sadie and I looked around the room, confused as to why we agreed to come.   This party was quite boring, and the music sucked too.

"Sadie! Aylin! How have you guys been? I haven't seen you in forever!" Max slurred her words as she stumbled over to us.

She clung to Sadie as she wiped her face. 

"Listen, do me a favor yeah? My brother is somewhere here.  Find him yeah?"

Sadie gives a small frown, knowing that this left me to search for Marcus.  I sigh, knowing she was right and I marched my way upstairs.

I looked around, not seeing Marcus anywhere.  Upstairs, the only thing that was happening was a few kids playing a game on the TV.

I looked at a few of the kids and recognized them.  I've seen them hanging around Marcus.

I walked to the couch and sat as I asked them if they knew Marcus, just to be sure.