Chapter 2: Last Call

After I took a nap, I looked at the clock on my nightstand and saw that it was noon.

Last night, I waited till five in the evening to receive a call from Mr. Davis but I didn't hear anything from him.

I even called him back to make sure he had my correct cell phone number, but he just apologized for choosing other people to be waitresses instead.

At this point, I was not being picky anymore with the job interviews I could get as long as the job itself was decent. I guess I still search more on the job site, I thought.

I sighed, while I got up from my bed and stretched a little. I then headed towards the bathroom so that I could freshen up.

After I took a shower, I placed on a pair of black basketball shorts, a pink t-shirt, and peach Nike running shoes.

I then checked myself out in the mirror and grabbed my laptop before I headed towards the kitchen.

Seconds later, I saw that my Dad was cooking something that smelled funny.

"Uh, what are you cooking?" I asked, coughing and waving the funky smell from my nose. It smelled so bad that I started to cry a little.

"Well good afternoon to you too." Dad looked at me.

"Good afternoon, Dad," I said, "what are you making?" I asked, pulling up my shirt to cover my nose.

"I'm making liver soup." He smiled.

"Um, for who? No offense, but I wouldn't eat that." I said.

"It smells bad now, but as soon as you try it, you would think that I cook better than your mom." He smirked.

"Yeah sure," I sighed. My Dad was a bad cook, who never cooked with seasoning.

He sometimes found weird recipes online and would decide to make it as one of his food experiment.

The most he used to flavor the food he cooked were salt, pepper, ketchup, and sugar.

One time, my cousin Sandra had a guinea pig named Reese, and after he tried my dad's meal, he became sick.

Luckily, we were able to rush to see the Veterinarian, Dr. Hartman who saved his life.

"Did you get a callback yesterday?" Dad asked while I was on my laptop.

"Sadly no," I sighed as I continued to look on a job site until I got to a job post that requires for maid service for Mr. Johnson.

I thought for a second and figured why not since at this point I had nothing to lose and I really wanted a job. Plus the salary being four hundred dollars a week meant that it obviously paid well.

The job post also stated that the last day to call for an interview was today. I was glad that I found this opportunity before it became too late for me to apply.

Dialing the number on my cellphone, I decided to call the number and hope that someone answered.

Ring...ring

"Hello," Some woman answered.

"Hi, I found your job post online about Mr. Johnson hiring and I wanted to call in to schedule an interview," I replied.

"Oh yes, he needs newer maids since he fired a few already. But anyway I can schedule you for an interview that is at two o'clock today or tomorrow. When are you free?"

"I guess tomorrow at two o'clock is fine," I shrugged my shoulders.

"Alright great. Now before I take down your information, can you answer a few questions?" She asked.

"Are you looking for full time or part time?" She asked.

"Full time," I replied.

"If hired, when can you start the job?" She asked.

"Ugh right away," I replied.

"Awesome. The last question is will you need special accommodations for the job?" She asked.

"No, I can do the job without a problem," I replied.

"Okay great, I'll just take down your information and book your appointment tomorrow at two in the afternoon," She responded as I gave her my information.

After we said our goodbyes, I was extremely excited and couldn't wait for my job interview tomorrow.

But little did I know I would enter the lion's then that would be my ruined.

© 2019. All Rights Reserved 2019 Punkxst