Chapter 36: Truth Be Told

The next evening, I decided to watch some Netflix with Ava.

I was glad that I had the company of a friend this night since I wanted to start distancing myself from Donovan.

Especially after taking a pregnancy test! I was not ready to have my life ruined by him.

After mentally pep-talking myself, I decided to end things with Donovan and tell him either in person or via text message.

I did not think he would care if I no longer wanted to mess around with him.

He was already a player who messed around with a lot of women already, so not like there was anything special with me, I shrugged my shoulders at the thought.

"Hey what do you want to watch?" Ava asked.

"Honestly anything, but just not something that is not very boring like some art or animal dumb tv show.

"You got it since I figured we could watch the movie series, mission impossible. I'm a nerd when it comes to superhero movies," She chuckled a bit.

"Not at all since I love watching superhero movies also," I smiled, and she did the same.

"Really! What's your favorite superhero movie?" She asked.

"I honestly would say that my favorite superhero movie is the Avengers. Like literally all series of it," I laughed.

"Hey me too! But I am also more so into the DC comics than Marvel comics but either way, both are still great to watch on films that were produced from their comics anyway," Ava replied, and I agreed.

"Yeah, that is true," I nodded my head.

Suddenly, my phone rang from an unknown number. I was a bit confused, thinking maybe it was some scammer but since I was a curious person, I answered the call.

"Hello, good evening. This is Dr. Mills, can I speak to Miss. Mia please?" She asked.

"Hello, Dr. Mills. This is Mia speaking, how can I help you?" I asked, feeling that it would be the results from the pregnancy test that I took yesterday.

I thought one of the clinic registrars would have called me about my results like the nurse Heather had informed me, but being that it was my lab results it made sense to get a call from Dr. Mills instead.

"Yes, I'm calling about your lab results which certainly I have received. And I wanted to let you know that your results were indeed negative, so you are not pregnant," She informed me which made me smile happily.

"Oh, thank goodness," I said, feeling like I could breathe properly again.

"And your vitals are great and overall, you are in good health. So, thank you so much for your time," She told me.

"No thank you so much and I hope you have a lovely evening," I told her.

"Thank you and you too," She replied and after we said our goodbyes, I ended the call.

"Yay I'm so happy now!" I said, cheerily and Ava wondered what made me be in a good mood.

"What happened?" She asked.

"Well, the obvious that I'm not pregnant," I said, happily.

"Yay! That's so awesome and I'm so happy for you now since you didn't want to be pregnant," She said.

"Thank you and now finally I can have peace of mind," I sighed in relief.

"That's great and now we can enjoy the rest of the day by watching a ton of Netflix," She smiled, and I did the same.

"Sounds great to me," I replied and rested more comfortably on my bed. I then crossed my legs in a yoga stance and focused my attention on the tv.

I was extremely happy that I dodged a bullet from the pregnancy scare I just had so I thought it would be smart to just end things completely with Donovan.

The reason why was because if I kept messing around with him just for the sole purpose of his money then I would eventually get pregnant.

I mean having a baby can certainly change one's life, I thought.

Also, I did not want to get knocked by a man that I didn't even love then to have to subject my unborn child to be raised within a single-parent home.

I honestly wanted to do things right this time and if it means perhaps moving on from this maid job then I certainly would.

I wanted to truly work on becoming a better person since someday when the time was right, I would like to settle down with the right guy.

While I was engrossed in the movie, I heard a faint knock on the door.

I decided to answer it before Ava did.

I still wanted to keep my relationship with Donovan a secret from the other girls besides Ava who already knew.

However, my heart raced a mile a minute every time I got to the door.

Even though I thought earlier that Donovan would not care if things ended with him, at the moment, I was no longer sure how his response would be to me wanting to end things with him.

© 2020. All Rights Reserved 2020 Punkxst